No announcement yet.

Average cost of Lasik Eye Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dallas LasikPlus Vision Center located in Plano, Texas off of Dallas Parkway (Toll Road). Dr. (COL/USAF/RET) Robert Smith is the Top Gun Doctor and is included on the Texas Super Doctors list!

$3200 and I sit with 20/15 both eyes.

Comment

Had mine done by Dr Lehmann in Nacogdoches 20 years ago. He was one of the pioneers in the biz. By far, best money Ive ever spent. If I recall it was 3500-4500. Easily worth 4x that.

Comment

Anyone have it done where one eye is done for close distance while the other is done for long distance? Do you get used to it?

I had a consult on lasik and they had me wear glasses for a week to be comfortable with it being done that way and I never was, so I never went back.
        Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
          The Dallas LasikPlus Vision Center located in Plano, Texas off of Dallas Parkway (Toll Road). Dr. (COL/USAF/RET) Robert Smith is the Top Gun Doctor and is included on the Texas Super Doctors list!

$3200 and I sit with 20/15 both eyes.
          Pretty sure Dr. Smith performed the PRK surgery on me back in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
            Anyone have it done where one eye is done for close distance while the other is done for long distance? Do you get used to it?

I had a consult on lasik and they had me wear glasses for a week to be comfortable with it being done that way and I never was, so I never went back.
            My boss had that done. He wore contacts for a month prior to lasik to get used to it. He loves it now, but said it took about 3 weeks for his brain to rewire.

But if you shoot right handed and are left eye dominant, that would suck in that situation.

Comment

If you wife's eyes are that bad she may not be a candidate for Lasik. The reason I say this is that both my wife and I had vision correction done about 7 years ago. Her prescription was like -11 at the time and mine was -1.5.

She could not get lasik and had to have lens implants. That was a more invasive procedure and at the time the cost was about $7k. I on the other hand, was eligible for lasik and mine was about $2k per eye and that includes free lifetime touch ups if needed.

The important thing is to go to a highly reputable doctor. We went to Dr. Paul Cutarelli in Denver and he is excellent. His website is www.cutarellivision.com

Comment

I paid $2900 cash 5 years ago in Plano with Dr. Boothe.

Comment

Had mine done at Mann eye. best thing I ever did. Ashley was on here, not sure if she still is. I think it was 2200 for 1 eye

They had a Tbh discount when I went

Comment

Working...
                  X