Tawakoni WMA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawakoni WMA...

Anyone hunting at the Tawakoni WMA this year?

have hunted here in the past. lots of hogs. i usually hunt the pawnee inlet. lots of pressure.

Comment

I have a spot picke dout....probably go 2nd weekend of general season...but not Pawnee this year.

Comment

I have looked into hunting tawakani but havent really scouted it at all and never been there maybe go for hog season if I dont get anything at lake ray roberts,

Comment

I used to duck hunt at the Pawnee Inlet, never saw another hunter out there.

Are there alot of bowhunters going out there now?

Comment

it can get packed at times, but everyone is usually in there spots right at daylight. never really had a problem with clowns trying to hang stands or walking around during prime time. but as the season progresses only the true bowhunters are left and everyone else has gone to gun hunt. ive been several times and it seemed i had the place to myself.

Comment

I have hunted there all year so far. I saw two does on the side of the road past the camp site up by the subdivsion... I caught a glimpse as i passed them went down turned around and came back put my spot light on them and watched them for about 10 mins they were maybe 15 yards from me... They never budged.. Kept eating untill I left to go find camp.. That would be all... Same day as light broke I managed to find 5 hunters all set up with in 100 yards around me and one brainiac was sitting 5o yards in front of me in the middle of the field in a chair with a white hoodie sweet shirt on.. All 5 hunters got up and started moving at 8am????? Opening day I was hunting duck cove and same thing by 8am everyone was up and moving out of the woods and they dont even walk around you they just walk right in front of you. Me and 1 of the guys I had talked to opening morning ended up running into each other the next morning on the west side of the lake. We went scouting and found a few tracts but not much... I heard some bucks 2nd weekend and actually had one about 50 yards out of camp and called him into the trail but it was to dark by then... Other then that no luck.. I went to the west side sunday and had no luck... I have talked with several people hunting up there most of them it had been there 1st time but one guy I talked to said he hasnt hunted there in about 5 years and there use to be pretty good deer. Another guy said he has been hunting there for the last 5 years and never even seen a deer and that this year would be his last. I foung another forum talking abotu Tawakoni and someone said they own about 1500 acres backing up the duck cove and that the deer hide on his land during hunting season because he does not hunt his land but he says since they just layed that water line all the way to lavon he hasnt seen any at all.... Giving as hot as it was for bow season and this being my first year to bow hunt I was not happy with my out comes with Tawakoni...

If anyone has somthing to enlighten me then please do...

Comment

you better watch it with the spotlite, thats a good way to get you license plate turned into the game warden, not to metion its illegal. I also inform you the guy who said he's never seen a deer there in 5 year is full of it.

Comment

I'm with DFW on the being full of it. If he hadn't seen any deer by the first year or less he would have went somewhere else. Much less five years. Just tryin to get you to go somewhere else.

Comment

ive seen both deer and hogs on tawakoni. this guy is full of it. you dont even have to go in far to find them either. ten bucks this guy walks around the whole time. you have to just sit still on stand and wait them out. dont let this guys short comings discourage you.

Comment

think i might go hunt it this weekend-that or caddo grasslands or cooper i havent decided

Comment

Working...
                      X