• Show
Clear All

Nice shoot-n Red!

Comment

Hunting this evening or just working?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
        Hunting this evening or just working?
        We worked like rented mules. Repaired fences, set posts and gates, replaced some chains and locks, put up posted signs, mowed some more lanes, and set/ filled a couple of feeders. We’ll be back on a stand in the morning that still hasn’t been hunted.

Comment

Pretty nasty weather here. Storms rolling north and west of me and the thermostat says 78°. Its supposed to start dropping in a bit so hopefully things start happening.

Comment

It's plum nasty right now but temps have dropped 10° since I pulled out my driveway. Gonna pull up to camp and jump in my Jul rain gear and sneak in to the stand in this hurricane.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be some bucks cruising refreshing scrapes after the monsoon

Comment

Tiny little break in the bad stuff. Headed in now.

Comment

Threw the rain gear on and slipped in. Had some sweetgums growing up around a stump that we couldn’t mow so while it was pouring I slipped down there with some loppers and cut them down.

There’s a 125yd lane to the east running through a 6-10 year old pine thicket that dead ends at a SMZ with some hardwoods in it. There’s a feeder spinning down there. Another 150yd lane to the north that’s running parallel with the top of the ridge. 100yds down there’s a little north to south drain crossing it. There’s also a feeder on that lane but I don’t think it’s spinning. There’s a 150yd lane to the south that parallels the same ridge between a pine/ hardwood mix and the pine thicket.

Rain has slowed to a light drizzle and it feels like the temps are on a slow steady drop. It could be a really good day!

Comment

Feels great this morning after this rain passed. They should be slipping around here in a bit. Good luck

Comment

Caught up! Getum Rojo

Comment

Lane to the east

Lane to the north

Lane to the south

It’s traveling from SW to NE so it looks like it’s gonna be pretty steady all day. Looks like just rain on the radar though, maybe the bad stuff is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This evening should be good

Comment

Been a bit of a cluster today... Ran back home to borrow a climber because I really wanted to bow hunt my new spot I set up in the bottom. Grabbed my bow, Ozonics, spare battery, pack, bow hangers, thermocell etc... I’m getting everything together and my water heater is toast. Chased that issue around and ordered one for pick up tomorrow. I’m about to walk out the door and get a call that 4 lease members and their kids are coming. GREAT!!! Love having everyone out and especially seeing those kids in the woods! They all have extremely busy jobs and we were late getting on here so most have only seen it one time. I run out the door (running late) on the phone and trying to make sure everyone knows how to get where they’re wanting to go. Get to camp and was going to get dropped off early because it’s a pretty good hike into where I was going to hang my bow stand. Anyone want to guess what piece of equipment is vital to bow hunting success??? ARROWS!!! I forgot my **** arrows at the house! Anyways... I’m back where I hunted this morning which could be a lot worse... I like this spot pretty good! Been in about 30-45min just been busy txting and updating.

Comment

Knock em down!

Comment

Pretty evening. I like these grown up plantations in the evening. Quiet and still, nothing happening yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X