No announcement yet.

Bass Pro merger halted with Sportsman warehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Scheels in the north texas area, absolutely no reason to go to BPS. Acknowledging scheels pricing is a touch higher, but they have the customer service and items in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      How is it even legal? Been hoping for a while sportsman’s doesn’t get acquired but wouldn’t be surprised. Love those stores.
      Any time you see a fast growth business with disruptive pricing, their business model is not long term profitability. It's the retail equivalent of a pump and dump. Operate on razer thin margins(or even at a loss to build "value), then sell out to other people who will do what's necessary to become profitable. It's the tech-start up business model, and it's invading all other sectors.

Comment

My biggest beef if BPS website sucks. Like, it doesn’t even work. Can’t search to even see if they Cary what I want.

I do my shopping at academy now.

Comment

Fellows, Cabelas was going downhill when BP took over. When **** Cabela died it started to crumble. I agree that BP hastened the process and I certainly don’t want them to get the Sportsman’s Warehouse chain even though there’s not one close to me. Too much of a good thing ain’t a good thing !

Comment

Originally posted by JAFO View Post
            With Scheels in the north texas area, absolutely no reason to go to BPS. Acknowledging scheels pricing is a touch higher, but they have the customer service and items in stock.
            100% agree. Scheels is doing it right so far and they will price match!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
              I quit shopping at Bass Pro about 8 to 10 years ago.... Don't miss it at all.
              Same.

Comment

Why the hate for BPS? I rarely buy from there but enjoy browsing!

Comment

The merger was cancelled because the government indicated it would not get approved. I liked the Sportsman's Warehouse store that used to be down here.
                  Different is not always better. I liked the old Cabela's better. Being a public company they were sunk by an activist investor that pushed them into selling to someone so he could cash out.

Comment

Used to like the old cabelas- can’t stand the cheap BP/ cabelas crap! Sportsman’s is great- competitive prices and good quality. Hope it doesn’t happen.
                    I’ve since moved a year ago, I drive past a cabelas and a BP to shop at scheels!

Comment

I’d like to see a scheels pop up in my neck of the woods. I’ve browsed their website a few times and they seem nice. I go to bass pro quite often and don’t really have any complaints. I prefer bass pro over academy.

Comment

Read this last night. It sounds like sportsman warehouse initiated the merger talks.

Comment

Wish scheels would come to Fort Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there even any in Texas?? I’m was t there in in lewsiville back in early 2000?

Comment

I lived in an area that only had Sportsmans. I was not impressed and found myself missing Academy. I move back to an area with BP and Academy. Academy has become less impressive and more flash. They're all going down the toilet. I blame Walmart. Lol. I do miss the old Cabelas for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                I hope it doesn't go through. Hated that BPS took over Cabela's.

We need health competition.
                                same here but I don't see that the competition is helping. They're all over-priced on their in-store stock, except Academy. Sale prices are others regular prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X