No announcement yet.

Aggresive ostrich!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine found out it takes several loads of #8 from a 20 gauge at close range to kill one. The bird in question was stomping the crap out of his uncle at the time - they were attacked while quail hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      A friend of mine found out it takes several loads of #8 from a 20 gauge at close range to kill one. The bird in question was stomping the crap out of his uncle at the time - they were attacked while quail hunting.
      Sounds like y’all did not bring the right shells, or guns for those king size quail.

Comment

First...

Ostriches are azzHOLE$

They are prehistoric predators. Vicious and relentless. Kill any on your property IMO.

Would you add a large gator to your family pond/lake that your family and dogs use?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

Been there, done that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LMAO is this thread legit?? Laying hens they aint....

Comment

Smh

Comment

I was flippant in my original comment, but these birds aren't to be trifled with. They will attack vehicles and do serious damage to them. What are you doing with them? They aren't pets.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                  I was flippant in my original comment, but these birds aren't to be trifled with. They will attack vehicles and do serious damage to them. What are you doing with them? They aren't pets.
                  A big male kicked a friend of mine in the thigh and broke it smooth in 1/2.. Snapped his thigh bone like twig... That learned him..

Comment

ses……

Comment

They are mean as hell and never going to be nice.
                      Jerks.
                      Emus are better but they still can have a mean streak.
                      IF they are mean now you have to choices. Sell it at the yard or shoot it
                      We shot them. Big turkey. **** good

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
                        So we bought 5 ostriches because kids wanted a few for "eggs" BAD IDEA... i have a fence guy coming out in 6 week to make a special 5 acre pen for them. in the meantime how do you deal with the aggressive males??? This thing attacked me and cut me pretty good on my arm! day away from burgers... but they were not cheap and i wanted to keep one male for breeding the females... thx! Scott
                        I used to work at the YO back in early 80's. We would have to make sure we had a stick in hand that was longer than their reach so you could put it in their face. Those nails can open you up real quick and they are mean as hell.

Comment

Worst beating I’ve ever had in my life was from a half grown one in a pasture I didn’t know was thr and I’d want no part of an adult. Your off your rocker putting your kids around one of those things,

And did you actually ask how to deal with an aggressive male? LMAO your best bet is to take the money you were going to pay for the fence and burn it, have your closest friend kick you in the gonads with steel toe boots while punching you in the eye, shoot your new family pet’s in the head right afterwards and learn your lesson. This will be a much cheaper and painless option than what your in for when when they tear you or your kids a new one.

I can’t fathom how strong a full grown males kicks would be but I’m guessing you can tell us all soon.

Comment

So how much for the ostrich hunt?

Comment

I am surprised at the amount of people that have had negative encounters with these giant ill tempered flightless birds. I wonder how they handle a 300 WM to the chest.

Comment

New boots

Comment

Working...
                                X