No announcement yet.

North to Michigan Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t have enough bars to update anything while I’m hunting. Today was super slow, but typical for when I hunt up here. Hunted 2 different stands. The first one is supposed to be a good morning stand, the second one I hunted in the afternoon is supposed to be good all day. They aren’t to far apart, so I hunted both.

Here’s a view from the morning stand. This place is thick, even if rifle hunting, your shots will be close. Saw 2 different kinds of woodpeckers, they are fun to watch. Also had these 2 squirrels playing chase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the scene from my afternoon hunt.

Both stands have 2 shooting lanes. Nothing over 30 yards.
      My wife is muzzleloader hunting about 1/4 mile away.
      Sure hope someone sees something tomorrow. It drizzled a few hours this morning, got up to about 48. Tonight a front is supposed to blow in, chance of snow tomorrow and much colder.
      Looks like the Cowboys luck is about as good as ours was today!

Comment

I had an old friend from around Bellaire, lake Intermidiate area we became good friends by chance. He just loved to deer hunt.
        I took him to our lease in the hill county for years and one year I bought him a spot on the lease.
        He would say he would see more deer in one mornings hunt than 1-2 seasons in Michigan.
        This spring will be 3 years since he passed away and I miss him all the time especially during deer season.
        Good luck and I hope y’all get a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
          I had an old friend from around Bellaire, lake Intermidiate area we became good friends by chance. He just loved to deer hunt.
          I took him to our lease in the hill county for years and one year I bought him a spot on the lease.
          He would say he would see more deer in one mornings hunt than 1-2 seasons in Michigan.
          This spring will be 3 years since he passed away and I miss him all the time especially during deer season.
          Good luck and I hope y’all get a big one.
          Sorry to hear about your buddy, especially a hunting friend. I agree with his analogy, I’ve only seen one deer while hunting here, and I get about 4 full days worth of hunting and this is my third trip. I would just like to shoot a big bodied northern deer, one time.
          Good luck to you this year as well!

Comment

It’s a tough time to hunt- gun season started nov 15th and is only two weeks long so everyone hits the woods hard and they have a lot of pressure in the past week.
            Good luck

Comment

Caught up on this one…best of luck to you and your Wife!

Comment

Good luck man! Spent many night chasing coon dogs through those woods. P.s. clementine in south haven used to be a local favorite to grab some grub. Drive safe!

Comment

Those woods sure look promising, just a matter of time. Good luck to you and your wife, and thanks for taking us along. Very cool pics.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                    It’s a tough time to hunt- gun season started nov 15th and is only two weeks long so everyone hits the woods hard and they have a lot of pressure in the past week.
                    Good luck

I am sure you are correct about the extra pressure from gun season, it doesn’t help the situation. I would love to be able to come and hunt here in October or first week of November, but until I retire, it isn’t an option. Until then, we will hunt hard and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                      Caught up on this one…best of luck to you and your Wife!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                        Good luck man! Spent many night chasing coon dogs through those woods. P.s. clementine in south haven used to be a local favorite to grab some grub. Drive safe!
                        I bet that is some tough hunting, especially at night, with all the thick brambles/ thorny vine like stuff that grows everywhere. It is a pain in the but walking through the woods because of that stuff.

Comment

Getting ready to head out for the day, supposed to be a high of 34 today, will be layered up! Had a front pass through last nigh with real high winds, hope the deer bedded down and will be up moving this morning. See y’all tonight.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Best of luck today

Comment

It's been a few years since I hunted MI, but I thought rifle season opened November 15 in Michigan?

I do like the woods up north, miss this time of year! Good luck, look forward to the rest of the posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X