North to Michigan Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North to Michigan Part III

The wife and I left yesterday morning for our bi-annual Michigan deer hunt. We drove a little over 900 miles yesterday and spent the night in Charleston, Illinois. Got there just in time for supper and and a bourbon night cap.

Anyone that has traveled to hunt know the joys of getting in and out of the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, safe travels!

Comment

In

Comment

What part of the state will you be hunting?
        Good luck!

Comment

We made it to Michigan this afternoon and our hosts did us right with the Texas and Cowboys flags flying.
          We went out to look over our stands, and I got to watch the wife back over a little tree in the truck (she couldn’t see it in the backup camera)
          One thing you notice while heading north is that as you pass farm land, corn fields etc., you don’t see many deer in the fields compared to when you drive through Texas. We saw 4 deer total from Missouri to Michigan.
          Hunting is harder, we are hunting public land. First year I hunted 4 days and never saw a deer. The wife shot a nice old buck, weighing 180lbs. It was the only deer she saw. 2 years ago I hunted 4 days and saw 1 fawn, no one took a deer. I’ll post a picture of MaryLynn’s buck.
          We will start in the morning. Sure would be nice to be done by Thursday!!
          Time to try out some Michigan bourbon before we hit the sack.

Comment

Will be following, dig reading about hunts in other areas, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
              What part of the state will you be hunting?
              Good luck

Outside of South Haven

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                Good luck, safe travels!
                Thanks Bryan, got here about noon. All the bad weather forecasts have changed, it will be cold but snow storms are out.

Comment

Hope y’all took your fishing today.

Comment

You posted those pics about one minute before I just posted. Very good looking deer woods. Most of the leaves are still on the trees here in TX and not on the ground like where you are.

Enjoy that Michigan Bourbon, and I hope you will be using some of the remaining contents in a celebration drink soon. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck, I was in Jackson Michigan two weeks ago we hung a couple of sets on a lease property and I came close to killing a nice 11p he walked straight in to me, stoped and looked right up at and took a jump How ran out of there.

Comment

Even got the TTU game up here!
                        Wreck Em

Comment

Looks like a good time in progress. Enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                            You posted those pics about one minute before I just posted. Very good looking deer woods. Most of the leaves are still on the trees here in TX and not on the ground like where you are.

Enjoy that Michigan Bourbon, and I hope you will be using some of the remaining contents in a celebration drink soon. Good luck!
                            The Brown Water isn’t bad! I would love nothing more than to be having a “I Got One” toast. It’s is so different than hunting in Texas, theses woods are THICK!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                              Good luck, I was in Jackson Michigan two weeks ago we hung a couple of sets on a lease property and I came close to killing a nice 11p he walked straight in to me, stoped and looked right up at and took a jump How ran out of there.
                              You were due East of us. Hope you get to go back and have another shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X