Best stock - best valuations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best stock - best valuations?

List stocks that are safe (er) bets with low PE's and no debt (or just a little)

SAVE - Not sure how it's market cap is under 1 Billion when they have over 1 billion in cash. Plus they outright own their planes (not verified).
    Trading at $14 - Down from 58 (52 week high) or 44 (1 month high)

PE = 2.91

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    List stocks that are safe (er) bets with low PE's and no debt (or just a little)

SAVE - Not sure how it's market cap is under 1 Billion when they have over 1 billion in cash. Plus they outright own their planes (not verified).
    Trading at $14 - Down from 58 (52 week high) or 44 (1 month high)

PE = 2.91
    69 million shares outstanding x $14 = $$966 million. Neither cash nor other assets have a bearing on market cap. They owe $2 billion in debt. The forward p/e is more important than the price based on historical earnings.

Comment

take a look at health care REITs and college housing REITs. they are more recession resilient than some, have less ST market cash flow risk (still can be volatile price wise), should benefit from lower mortgage refinance rates, and pay quarterly dividends.

Comment

I have no idea. I bought several stocks I thought were bargains early in the week. They’ve all become even bigger bargains since!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          I have no idea. I bought several stocks I thought were bargains early in the week. They’ve all become even bigger bargains since!

I see we have the same investment strategy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            Describes every good deal I ever came across.

I’ve come to realize that some folks are destined to live good and I’m destined to barely get by.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              69 million shares outstanding x $14 = $$966 million. Neither cash nor other assets have a bearing on market cap. They owe $2 billion in debt. The forward p/e is more important than the price based on historical earnings.
              2 billion in debt explain it. Thanks.

Still cheap IMO if they keep debt in check.

Comment

2 billion in debt explain it. Thanks.

Still cheap IMO if they keep debt in check.

I’m not trying to be a smart arse (although I’m pretty good at it ), but I’m not following your thinking . Market cap is a multiple of the share price x the number of shares outstanding. Neither cash nor other assets nor debt directly affects the stock price nor P/E nor market cap. Earnings is the important factor unless it is a speculative company with no earnings, and I have NEVER figured out how you value those.

Call me, and I will explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  I’m not trying to be a smart arse (although I’m pretty good at it ), but I’m not following your thinking . Market cap is a multiple of the share price x the number of shares outstanding. Neither cash nor other assets nor debt directly affects the stock price nor P/E nor market cap. Earnings is the important factor unless it is a speculative company with no earnings, and I have NEVER figured out how you value those.

Call me, and I will explain it.
                  My simple math.

PE=3 Means 3 years of net profits pays for the company (if stock stayed the same price)

If you own a company that's breaking even every Q and they have 100 million in cash and zero debt/liabilities it's market cap should be 100 million plus future potential earnings (for x years).

If SAVE had 1 bil cash and 1 bil debt..And was making 100 mil per year net.. It should be worth 100 mil times how ever many years the market warrants for that sector PLUS the assets as cash/debt cancel out.

Easy peasy.... maybe LOL

Comment

I feel good about several on my watch list. CV is not a direct threat to their business so I believe they will still have good earnings for the rest of the year.. or am I missing something? H&E equipment, Roku, DOCU, TDOC are high on my list.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My simple math.

PE=3 Means 3 years of net profits pays for the company (if stock stayed the same price)

If you own a company that's breaking even every Q and they have 100 million in cash and zero debt/liabilities it's market cap should be 100 million plus future potential earnings (for x years).

If SAVE had 1 bil cash and 1 bil debt..And was making 100 mil per year net.. It should be worth 100 mil times how ever many years the market warrants for that sector PLUS the assets as cash/debt cancel out.

Easy peasy.... maybe LOL
                      I follow your logic but would amend your last paragraph to address forward earnings (Or lack thereof) instead of current/past earnings.

As far as your original question, wish I knew. Probably already priced in given the fact that people with much more time than us follow it much more closely. Tuned in.

Comment

Working...
                      X