No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many miles of moving slower than a snail. Wind in your favor and listen for piggies rustling in the briars or weeds. Then be ready for some wing shooting. Pigs will be where they are!

Comment

Anyone thinking about headed to Granger soon?

Comment

Might go tomorrow but mainly to see if there's any teal

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2 - 1/2 hour drive, so have to plan ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
            Hey guys I am new to the forum and bowhunting. I went yesterday to Granger to just look around. I saw a lot of game trails and tracks, but didn't hear or see anything, plus it was way too hot. Anyways was wondering if anyone could offer any advice for being successful with pigs and a bow down there. Thanks for your time and I have no hunting buddies yet so if anyone wants to go check it out or even just learn together that would be great. Thanks everyone!
            These questions crack me up. There is a TON of information in this very thread that will tell you exactly how and where to hunt for them. All you have to do is read the through the comments.

95% of the chatter here is just people BSing. You'll quickly learn to sift through that to get to actual useful info. But it's here. All you need to know. Many years worth of knowledge.

I wouldn't bother too much with going out there now to scout. Too hot and too green. Wait for cooler weather and the first frost knocks down all the leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
              Drawn for deer and turkey. Pigs (archery) and small game (archery and shotgun) are public use.
              um wrong. we can't hunt turkey ever!!!!hardly any on phl...there is only a draw for deer...nothing else
              Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 09-30-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                um wrong. we can't hunt turkey ever!!!!hardly any on phl...there is only a draw for deer...nothing else
                Oh really? My bad. I just assumed based on the NWTF signs around there might be some kinda turkey hunt. Never thought too much about it though.

Comment

no turkey hunts and if I sounded like an *** I'm really not an ahole. I read my comment and may come off as a ***** ish. sorry for that!!!!

Comment

no turkey hunts and if I sounded like an *** I'm really not an ahole. I read my comment and may come off as a ***** ish. sorry for that!!!!
                    Haha no prob. Its good to know. I actually opened up my PHL book to look into turkey opportunities. Kind of a bummer how limited it is. I was hoping to chase gobblers around in the spring. Oh well. Maybe ill have to make friends with some land owners.

Comment

Oh come on now NC...don't you being lying about how you are

Na you wont find a better guy than ol NC and he knows and has forgotten more about granger than most.

You will have a hard time finding any turkeys out at granger or the surrounding area deaf. Ive hunted out there for 15 plus years and have only seen 3-4 in all that time.

Comment

Don't go ruining your own reputation bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post
                          These questions crack me up. There is a TON of information in this very thread that will tell you exactly how and where to hunt for them. All you have to do is read the through the comments.

95% of the chatter here is just people BSing. You'll quickly learn to sift through that to get to actual useful info. But it's here. All you need to know. Many years worth of knowledge.

I wouldn't bother too much with going out there now to scout. Too hot and too green. Wait for cooler weather and the first frost knocks down all the leaves.

No, David, you didnt sound like an ***, but Endo did.

Welcome new guy.

DM me and I'll hook you up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            No, David, you didnt sound like an ***, but Endo did.

Welcome new guy.

DM me and I'll hook you up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
                            Im probably not the new guy you're referring to but I am A new guy. Just curious about the hook up you're referring to. At this point i feel like I could use all the help i can get.
                            Super psyched for GRXH for now so i can hopefully tag along with some grizzled vets and learn what ive been doing wrong/poorly.
                            Can't freakin wait!

Comment

Went out yesterday evening for a 45 minute loop. Just went in at gate 7 cause it's close to water, and was the fastest gate to get to on short notice. I'd recommend you go to some other gate right now. There's water in the river, but it isn't helping the plants much. Everything is BONE dry out there, and crunchy as %*&#. I saw no fresh hog sign.

Comment

Tried some pear from my home tree as bait put out last night at #6. Tossed a bit more bait at sunrise and hid for a short. Nothing ate yesterdays pears. One fawn visited for a moment. The elk were belowing at sunrise (I meant cows). Ground is so dry so hard to tell what is traveling through without indentions. Gut says no hogs unless get muddy. Spooked one in the low area in tall weeds back towards #7 just scouting but way too fast for this ole man to get a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X