No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring whatever bow you want. Life is best lived free. I wont judge you, much. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Speedgoat is right, regular year round hunting is any legal archery equipment sorry I thought you meant GRXH

I'm not sure but I believe shotguns are still g2g for squirrel and rabbits, double check the regs though

Comment

Dog and I put in some mileage yesterday. We were mostly deer scouting/hiking but did jump a few stinkers. Chased a few armadillos and saw some deer.

Finally got my bow into working order and will be testing it on some hogs in a couple weeks.

Comment

hunting squirrel in July. wow. shotgun legal for squirrels Yes! but we hunt them in Jan! 10 per day on granger

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            Speedgoat is right, regular year round hunting is any legal archery equipment sorry I thought you meant GRXH

I'm not sure but I believe shotguns are still g2g for squirrel and rabbits, double check the regs though
            Indeed i was asking about GRXH. I know that shotguns are legal for them but i wasnt sure on the policy for that particular event.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
              Indeed i was asking about GRXH. I know that shotguns are legal for them but i wasnt sure on the policy for that particular event.
              GRXH is bow only. Hell to the no-no on shotgun for that event.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                GRXH is bow only. Hell to the no-no on shotgun for that event.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Oh yeah thats a REALLY bad idea. Guns around those drunken miscreants is a no go haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  Oh yeah thats a REALLY bad idea. Guns around those drunken miscreants is a no go haha
                  Ha! Yeah i guess empty stomachs, booze and firearms might be a bad combo

Comment

Is granger public use or drawn hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                      Is granger public use or drawn hunt?
                      Drawn for deer and turkey. Pigs (archery) and small game (archery and shotgun) are public use.

Comment

Stalking Hogs in Granger

Hey guys I am new to the forum and bowhunting. I went yesterday to Granger to just look around. I saw a lot of game trails and tracks, but didn't hear or see anything, plus it was way too hot. Anyways was wondering if anyone could offer any advice for being successful with pigs and a bow down there. Thanks for your time and I have no hunting buddies yet so if anyone wants to go check it out or even just learn together that would be great. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
                          Hey guys I am new to the forum and bowhunting. I went yesterday to Granger to just look around. I saw a lot of game trails and tracks, but didn't hear or see anything, plus it was way too hot. Anyways was wondering if anyone could offer any advice for being successful with pigs and a bow down there. Thanks for your time and I have no hunting buddies yet so if anyone wants to go check it out or even just learn together that would be great. Thanks everyone!
                          I'm in the same boat as you, so other folks on here could offer more experience-backed advice. But, I think a basic thing is to move real slow and quiet. Like slower than you would like. They're most likely going to be bedded during daylight hours, especially while it's still hot, so if you're making any noise at all you'll never see them before they see you.
                          There's a ton of good info scattered throughout the past 11k posts on this thread also, so I suggest taking the time to sift through some of it.
                          Good luck out there.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
                            Im a noob myself, began going out to Granger january. It's tough and i have yet to bag a hog. Id be happy to tag along with you if im available. Gonna busy these next few months with dove and deer coming into season. Buti may enjoy a change of pace

Comment

I stalked hogs for a few years before I finally connected. It's worth it. Put the time in and it'll pay off. Sore finger has tons of hogs bit it's a hike. Worth. Every. Step. Good stalking!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
                                I'm in the same boat as you, so other folks on here could offer more experience-backed advice. But, I think a basic thing is to move real slow and quiet. Like slower than you would like. They're most likely going to be bedded during daylight hours, especially while it's still hot, so if you're making any noise at all you'll never see them before they see you.
                                There's a ton of good info scattered throughout the past 11k posts on this thread also, so I suggest taking the time to sift through some of it.
                                Good luck out there.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
                                Everything you need to know, right there. Between that and boot leather, you should be able to find some hogs eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X