Old Dodge Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Dodge Guys

I just acquired what might be the cleanest 2nd Gen left in existence. 2002, HO Cummins 6 speed, not deleted, not jacked up and I have personal knowledge of last 10 years of service.

Motor is untouched (184,000), the known weak lift pump was replaced with a Bullydog pump and dual filer kit as a precaution several years ago.

We might replace the exhaust to loose the CAT, other than that what mods or adds might be suggested for longevity and durability, not performance, are suggested?

As long as your happy that’s what matters

Comment

If it's lasted that good for that long why mess with it?

Comment

As is seems to be pretty durable. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Nice truck, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
          If it's lasted that good for that long why mess with it?

That’s pretty much my thinking

Comment

Nice Brent!

Comment

I’d leave that bad boy alone. With that being said, I had an 01 that was tricked out, Southbend clutch, big set of injectors, big turbo, and edge box. Truck ran awesome and I abused the heck out of it (I was 20). I wish I had that truck today. I’m a little envious right now. You have a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrad View Post
                I’d leave that bad boy alone. With that being said, I had an 01 that was tricked out, Southbend clutch, big set of injectors, big turbo, and edge box. Truck ran awesome and I abused the heck out of it (I was 20). I wish I had that truck today. I’m a little envious right now. You have a gem.

Already has a Southbend clutch in last 5K [emoji6]

Comment

Man I wouldn’t touch a thing on it until it was needed. You got a pearl!!

Comment

old ?????
                    My first car, was a 1947 Dodge...………..
                    btw---- nice truck...…...

Comment

They’re getting harder to find! Good trucks, but they don’t perform anything like the new age diesels. This was my ‘01, bought it with 180k on it sold it with 350k. 4.10 gears, comp box, 100 horse sticks and a built transmission, I thought it could pull a house down. Then I got into a bone stock 6.7 power stroke and it pulled 3x harder than my dodge! Still loved that truck though

Comment

My 04 had 250K when I got a new clutch. It was a southbend...rated just above stock... plenty strong and plenty smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                          They’re getting harder to find! Good trucks, but they don’t perform anything like the new age diesels. This was my ‘01, bought it with 180k on it sold it with 350k. 4.10 gears, comp box, 100 horse sticks and a built transmission, I thought it could pull a house down. Then I got into a bone stock 6.7 power stroke and it pulled 3x harder than my dodge! Still loved that truck though

I know your right. This truck is for my youngest son, I gave him the option of this truck or keep looking for the right deal on a 2014-2016 superduty. He chose this truck, model and badaxx stereo may have come into play

Comment

It will be a good truck for a kid no doubt. They’re definitely easier to work on!

Comment

Stacks !! You gotta have stacks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X