No announcement yet.

What would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on what we know about this scenario, I assume it would be grounds for that person to lose his LTC if he has one. Anyone know if that would happen?

Comment

I used to think a lot like the take no crap from no one folks on here, and settled differences with my fist. The legal system broke me of that mentality. I could not imagine the cost of settle differences with a weapon. Don’t get me wrong I would still protect my self or my family if needed, but would avoid a bad situation if possible.

Comment

CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES

§ 22.05. DEADLY CONDUCT.
        (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.
        (b) A person commits an offense if he knowingly discharges a firearm at or in the direction of:
        (1) one or more individuals;
        (2) a habitation, building, or vehicle and is reckless as to whether the habitation, building, or vehicle is occupied.
        (c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.
        (d) For purposes of this section, "building," "habitation," and "vehicle" have the meanings assigned those terms by Section 30.01.
        (e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES

§ 22.05. DEADLY CONDUCT.
          (a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.
          (b) A person commits an offense if he knowingly discharges a firearm at or in the direction of:
          (1) one or more individuals;
          (2) a habitation, building, or vehicle and is reckless as to whether the habitation, building, or vehicle is occupied.
          (c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.
          (d) For purposes of this section, "building," "habitation," and "vehicle" have the meanings assigned those terms by Section 30.01.
          (e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.
          The OP never says anything about pointing the gun, only waving it around. That isn’t deadly conduct unless the gun was pointed. Waving a gun on your own property is.... what?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            If he pulled a gun, seems like a law was broken. That isn't something I would take lightly. When it comes to dogs being involved, you never win. Keep walking.
            Herein lies the problem.... dog owner hear’s his dog barking and comes outside and sees a guy that pulls a knife. Does he have the right of self defense on his own property when he sees a guy pull out a knife?

It is easy as some have suggested to just say defend yourself (if you want to draw on an already drawn gun) with your handgun but let’s play what if.

The police shows up for a shooting incident and find a guy in the sidewalk shot a guy coming out of his house. Who has the most likely right of use of force... the guy in his yard or the guy on a public sidewalk?

There is a reasonable chance to OP walking the dog might be the one charged.

Lots of what ifs but that is what the police will be looking at.

Comment

Working...
            X