2008 Yamaha grizzly 700 shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Yamaha grizzly 700 shake

4 wheeler runs really good but just started to shake a little in the front end when going about 45 or so already switched tires from front to back with same results. Anybody experienced this before or possible causes/fixes?

You have slime in tires?

Comment

CV joint failure is just a guess.

Comment

Check the bushing in the steering shaft. Just a wag.

Comment

Keep it under 40...no shake.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Check for mud on your rims/tires/spinning components. It doesn't take much to throw the balance off. Had similar problems on my dad's grizzly.

If those are all clean, check your wheel bearings. Both went out in the rear of my dads 660 Grizzly. Lift off ground and try to shake wheels.

Could also be a CV joint. When you drive, what are the wheels doing? Wobbling?

Comment

I have lifted front end off the ground no play in the tires at all checked for mud on rims as well. Seems the tires are not wobbling but can definitely feel it in the handlebars above 45 anything lower then that no shake whatsoever. Dont really use the machine at high speeds just curious what it may be to not damage other parts if one leads to another

Comment

Bias ply tires can take a bit to warm up and will get flat spots if it sits too long. Adjust air pressure and see if that helps also.

Comment

Over inflated tires

Comment

I had one do the same thing. It was alignment. There are several "how to" YouTube videos on the subject. Worked for me!

Comment

Take it to a ford dealership

Comment

Working...
                      X