Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
    The other dog was a pit, we know....
    if that's the case, shoot the pit then the owner just for owning one.

Comment

Sneeze

Comment

I prefer a dog running up than his crumb crunchers. Had a similar situation years ago. Kid charges up to my dog. With good intention to just play with a dog. I kept telling the kid to stop. As I’m pulling away from the kid coming (slow motion it seemed, happened all in 3seconds) the kid wrapped his arms around my dogs head. I guess the kid smelled like Cheetos and my dog was hungry. Kid got bit. I forgot to add this was in my front yard. Dog was on a leash/harness. I was up next to the garage, not near the road. Well my dog went into lock up for a few days. Possibly was going to be put down. I was served papers and had to pay this kids medical bills. I fought it and lost. Dog was up to date on all shots. Never aggressive till that point.

The parents of the kid tried claiming all kinds of crap. PTSD, cosmetic surgery. You name it. Literally had 3 puncture wounds on his right arm. No stitches.

I lived at the house for about 1.5 yrs while getting our home/property setup etc. only time I’ve ever lived in town. During the final month of being there packing, moving the kids dad backed up into my Jeep. The beater Jeep I used on trails, off-roading as a toy. You know that Jeep had one heck of a paint job, and the harbor freight winch was replaced by a warn equivelant. The lord works in mysterious ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Sheath my knife and apologize profusely. Later knock on his door with a handle of Jack to “smooth things over.” And after he’s good and liquored up, sneak back and kill him and his dog.

Your timeline may vary if you don’t have a the following
          A) untraceable weapon
          B) body hiding spot already picked out
          3) surgical jumpsuit with hood to reduce trace dna evidence
          4) an alibi

Normally I would say copious amounts of bleach, but it’s Covid 19 time and we all have a stockpile already
          And keep you safe from Covid-19 at the same time

Comment

I would get out of there quietly then call police. He was brandishing and threatening. Should be charged. Its easy to saw what all you could do to him but the very best outcome of escalating is having to shoot him. The worst is getting shot yourself .

Comment

I think I'd kick the neighbor's dog before I pulled a knife or gun. Sounds like two bad decisions.

Comment

Pulling a knife on a dog is pretty stupid, and I would definitely kick the c@#$ out of the dog first, then see what happens. I would not escalate unless absolutely necessary.

Comment

About all you can do, is make it clear, he needs to get his dog away, quickly. He was in the wrong from the beginning letting his dog run around off of a leash.
                  I would not let my dog get torn up, just because he has a gun, when I also have a gun. Pretty stupid situation, since you survived the deal, I would probably report it to the police, so they know about him. Sounds like he needs a new residence, one with bars.

Comment

I am curious.

Was the D bag with the aggressive dog giving commands to the dog & the dog and was responding/retreating?

J

Comment

Not pull a knife on a dog.

Comment

No disrespect Critter, but this is one of those questions that there is no answer to. To use deadly force you have to have a feeling. The feeling being fear for your life. You can't convey that in a post. I have heard it ask and have been asked. Can I shoot someone for doing something. The answer is if you use deadly force 12 of your piers are going to decide your fate. I know it sounds dumb but it really doesn't matter what anyone things accept the jury.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          I think I'd kick the neighbor's dog before I pulled a knife or gun. Sounds like two bad decisions.
                          Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
                          Pulling a knife on a dog is pretty stupid, and I would definitely kick the c@#$ out of the dog first, then see what happens. I would not escalate unless absolutely necessary.
                          It has happened to me that a pit attacked my beagle while out for a walk. I had my piece but my first instinct was to whoop the pit not shoot him.
                          Next time you see his dog out loose call animal control.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                            No disrespect Critter, but this is one of those questions that there is no answer to. To use deadly force you have to have a feeling. The feeling being fear for your life. You can't convey that in a post. I have heard it ask and have been asked. Can I shoot someone for doing something. The answer is if you use deadly force 12 of your piers are going to decide your fate. I know it sounds dumb but it really doesn't matter what anyone things accept the jury.
                            That is correct but I might add, a reasonable fear for your life or serious injury

Since I have been a cop for about 100 years, I often get asked that question about using deadly force. So many times I have heard people say, you have to say you’re in fear for your life. It is like it is a trump card. Say you were in fear and you are free to go.

The law says the person using the deadly force had to be “reasonably” in fear of his life or serious injury. The problem is that a jury might be sitting in judgment whether that fear was reasonable. Even in this forum we have read cases where people were indicted and maybe in some cases convicted for shooting someone even inside their home.

It is not good enough to say I was in fear. You need a convincing story to convince a jury that might be sitting in judgment of you.

Yes I know the argument and agree with better to be judged by 12 than carried by six however standing on the sidewalk and trying to make a case might be hard in many situations. There is no duty to retreat however there also is no acceptance to escalate.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Probably a good time to put your knife up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              LOL Yup.

Comment

In the exact situation you described I would get the hell out of dodge, however if his dog were to attack my dog and I had to try to split it up. His dog would get a knife blade to the throat while doing so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X