No announcement yet.

Cabin water heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, It's vented. We leave the doors open when in use.

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
        Is your tankless vented to the outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I intend to install a 12v fan above the heater that I'll kick on during use. I also plan to leave the window cracked so air will flow. This is not a recommendation or guidance but, in my experience with these little heaters, they don't run long enough during a short shower to cause an oxygen depletion situation. Keep in mind, they only fire up when the valve is open/water is flowing through them. I guess if you took a long enough shower in a non-ventilated area, you could run into an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dchilds View Post

This is a screen shot of our new setup. I still need to work on cleaning up the electrical and a few other cosmetics. It worked great. We used to carry this in and out of our little cabins to take showers and run a sink and decided it was time for a stand-alone bath house.

If you turn the temperature dial down, does the water come out cool? I’m building a camp shower house and wondering if I even need cool water to the shower.

Comment

I added a external faucet( bypassing the heater) to run a water hose to the cleaning rack nearby. Runs off the same pump the shower does.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
              If you turn the temperature dial down, does the water come out cool? I’m building a camp shower house and wondering if I even need cool water to the shower.

You can adjust the level of flow and temperature on the heater itself. I rely only on that, rather than having a hot and cold knob. I only have the single valve you see right outside the stall.

Comment

Yes, You can easily adjust the flow and the temperature.

Comment

Make dang sure you drain those water heaters if you expect temps to drop below 32. Don't ask me how I know how important that is.

Comment

I have a small propane heater I never used. Send me a PM and I can get you info on the one I have. I will let it go for a good price.

Comment

Freeze

Never had a problem with ours freezing up, But tried to design to be self draining when not in use.

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                      Make dang sure you drain those water heaters if you expect temps to drop below 32. Don't ask me how I know how important that is.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Just got my water heater in yesterday. hopefully build a cabinet to install it in this weekend.

Comment

I got an Eccotemp from a buddy, installed it last week and it works great. Takes a min to heat it, but all good after that.

Comment

So my heater works, but inconsistently. Our water pressure is strong. I have a pressure tank and a shallow well pump supplying our cabin with water from our 1500 gal storage tank. The kitchen sink and bathroom sink don’t get hot water. I believe it is a limitation of the pressure through the water heater. The shower gets plenty hot
                              I believe the flow rate if the Eccotemp water heater is 3GPM it slightly below
                              Any thoughts?

Comment

Have any of you guys had issues with faucets not pulling enough gpm to ignite the heater?

Comment

Working...
                                X