Above ground pools help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
    Yea, they have four wheelers, bikes, everything a kid could as for it’s just nice to have down here with the hot summer....

This will all be over by summer....Schlitterbahn is cheaper and less of a headache.

Comment

We have a 27' round with 6' deep end. Knock on wood, we don't have much trouble with the chlorine system! I did go one step up on motor and sand filter when we bought it. We had to have it moved this time last year when we sold our other house the people didn't want it. We have had it for 3 summers. Our son is 8 now. We couldn't keep him out of it the last two years! We just uncovered it 2 weeks ago and he has been begging to get in it until mom gave in today. Buy the best cover you can afford! Pool was Crystal clear when we uncovered it. If I bought another one, it would be a Doughboy!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        This will all be over by summer....Schlitterbahn is cheaper and less of a headache.
        Agreed. See my post above.

Comment

I would buy a shallow cheap pool for now. Walmart kind. We went through a couple when the kids were that age. Plan on running the pump 24/7 and stay on top of clean filters or upgrade to a sand filter. A solar cover helps with evaporation and dilution of the chemical from sunlight, helps it warm also.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            This 1000000%

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

This!!! Then move it near the feeder in September.

Comment

I got a sand filter you can have.....bring trailer and help to load it. Salt water generator too.

Comment

Research them real good. We bought one from Sunshine Pools in Mesquite back in '99. It was a pretty nice 24' round. After about 5 years it needed a new liner. When I took the old one out, the inside of the walls were rusted all to crap. Well the paper work said there was a 20 year guarantee against rust. When I talked to them they told me our model was discontinued and they couldn't cover the warranty. Come to find out, all the pools they sail are discontinued models.

Comment

Saltwater is the way to go.

Comment

my .02 - with your kids age - i would get an appropriate size from walmart or academy. they are less than $500 or even $300. The less expensive above ground pools come with low flow pumps with cartridge filters that have trouble keeping up. you can get a bigger pump and sand filter from Amazon for less than $200 dollars and it will help keep it clear. Basic Chlorine chemistry is easy but you have to keep and eye on it when it gets warmer and longer sunny days. that is why most people like the salt generators. salt generators are ok but will rust out the steel components of the frame.

with the comparable low initial spend - the fun to dollar ratio is worth it.

Comment

A leading brand in Above Ground Swimming Pools, Air Mattresses and PVC inflatable products. With over 50-year of history, we work hard to maintain the highest standards for safety, quality and value.

We've been doing one of these for the last 3 years. Tried to re-use the first one, but it had developed a couple good leaks during storage. So we just got a new one each year about mid may. Great for that age range, and you dont have to tend with it during the winter.

Comment

I did a lot of research on the stock tank pools. Lots of good videos on YouTube on how to do it. I already have the pump, filter, and other hardware needed. just waiting to clear an area and buy the stock tank. You can get as plain or fancy as you want. https://www.thespruce.com/stock-tank...hareurlbuttons

Comment

I bought a 10 foot metal water trough. This will be my 3rd summer with it. My kids 4&7 love it. The first summer I put one of the floating chlorine deals in it and it worked just fine. I cut holes in it last year and installed a pump. I kinda wish I never cut holes in it. It’s deep enough to sit in with water up to your chest and big enough to put a lay out float in it. If the water gets too warm just drain some out the bottom and add fresh water. I bought a skimmer and vacuum from Walmart to clean it. You can roll it out of the yard in the cooler months if you want. It has served us very well.

Comment

This stock tank idea is looking nice....

Comment

Working...
                                X