No announcement yet.

Chevy- never again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3,000? Did they replace the whole system?

Comment

One of my all time favorites was old, 2005 Chevy Avalanche, but then the electronics began to go out and it was time to say adios.

Then back to Ford, couple of F150 King Ranches then engine problems with one of them with less than 100K miles.

Back to Tundra, had one in 2008, mpg still not good but a SOLID truck so far. I plan on driving the wheels off or until my "wheels" come off with age. No such thing as the "perfect worry free brand," but Toyota has proven reliability and in my old age that's what I want.

Comment

Guess I’m lucky... 250k and climbing daily on a 2000 Sierra 4x4. It’s got some little issues—but it’s a 20 year old truck with a quarter million miles.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          Guess I’m lucky... 250k and climbing daily on a 2000 Sierra 4x4. It’s got some little issues—but it’s a 20 year old truck with a quarter million miles.

My 99 Silverado is creeping up on 300k, it’s earned every mile it has too. I don’t beat it but when it’s time to work at the lease it’ll do it every time without a hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
            2015 Yukon here.... have a ac leak in your condenser?

That was the first round of problems. Now it’s a leak in the rear part of the line.

Comment

I quest they don’t build them like they use to, I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 19 years old and still has cold air and the engine, AC and transmission hasn’t been worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                If you buy enough of them they will all disappoint you at some point. Since it is paid off I would just try to keep it running.

That’s my plan and also as long as kids are still young enough that they still tear everything up they touch. We will tough it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
                  $3,000? Did they replace the whole system?

At this point, yes.

Comment

3k in AC repairs, roof top RV unit would be going on!

Comment

F250s are the best all around for what I do and in my opinion. I agree that they all can and will have issues as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        I faithfully drank the GM koolaid until i bought a 95 6.5 diesel. Four injector pumps in 127,000 miles and i was done. I am no longer an unwilling participant in the GM R&D program.
                        Those were probably the worst diesels ever built. I got to admit GM replaced that **** with a pretty good engine, I am actually quite surprised. The GM Duramax is Isuzu in line 6 cylinder diesel. I know the Isuzu trucks that used what I was told is the same engine, were major POSs. I knew multiple tool dealer who had Isuzu tool trucks with the turbo diesel back in the early 2000s, those things were dying left and right and costing a lot of money to replace. I have a buddy with a 2008 Duramax, that has around 500,000 miles, he has never done crap to the engine, he has had to rebuild much of the truck, but done nothing to the engine or the transmission. He does not tow anything with the truck, just drives down the highway, usually with a empty bed. I am sure if he used it for towing often, he would have had to do a lot more work on both the engine and transmission.

Comment

2010 Chevy 1/2 ton 5.3 extended cab with 180k miles. Nothing but routine maintenance here.

Comment

Had a 97 Z71 where the transfer case crapped out at 30k.

99 Tahoe had a multitude of issues.

Our 05 Suburban was good but had various issues over time but nothing major I recall.

My 2011 Co truck with the 6.0 had the tranny die at 330k but the engine was still stout. It's a dog on the giddy up but I think the best gasser they make for longevity.

Our current 2015 Tahoe has been solid so far & guess around 55-60k

Son has a 15 F150 w/ 35k and zero issues.

Drove an 18 F150 with the A10 tranny 100k miles in 14 months w/ no problems either.

Recently Traded in the 17 ZL1 which was an awesome piece of machinery had a recall for the front suspension nut replacement due to backing out & something to reinforce a wire harness that could chafe but only 6500 miles...on my first tundra. TBD.

Comment

I’ve had 4 of the 14-18 generation GM trucks, and we’ve had a handful of others in our work fleet. They have all had an AC failure within 80k miles. I’m no longer a GM fan, but overall they’ve been pretty good trucks. I’ve got 130k currently on my 18’ Sierra. Had an AC failure at 78k and a vacuum booster failure at 62k. Other than that it has been great. Both issues are a known problem, and while I’d rather not have them happen they have been relatively cheap to drive and reliable. My other threee trucks all had AC failures, but nothing else major. All 3 of them were 2015s 1500s, and I forgot I had a 15’ LML Duramax for a bit. Not long enough to make any real statements about on that, but it was problem free.
                              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 03-25-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
                                I quest they don’t build them like they use to, I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 19 years old and still has cold air and the engine, AC and transmission hasn’t been worked on.
                                Most of the older model Chevrolet’s were bullit proof.
                                I have an 06 Siverado 5.3 with 286,000 miles. No leaks on the driveway and the a/c blows ice cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X