Well it has started...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it has started...

Got the call today that we are pre-emptivley all taking a 25% pay cut starting April 1 so that we can avoid layoffs.

That said I've actually heard that there were quiet small cuts already.

I've got some tenor but am technically a contactor... Sooo we will see how things go.

Of anybody needs brush cut or dogs trained I wouldn't mind the side gig for a bit.... We are good for a while... But I'd rather pre-empt problems too

For the guys who are feeling it now... Praying for you

Where are you located?

Comment

Amen

Comment

Got home a little while ago to have the wife tell me that all remaining people at her company took a 25% pay cut today. Better than somewhere between 26% and 100% pay cut. Good times. Keep the Faith.

Comment

Still got a job though!

Comment

Hard times don’t last, tough people do

Hang in there!

Comment

Hope it’s a short run

Got the call last week from my boss that I was getting a cut but was happy it wasn’t a pink slip. Told my wife it’s a good time to start getting creative and cleaning out the pantry and the deep freeze!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Hope it’s a short run

Got the call last week from my boss that I was getting a cut but was happy it wasn’t a pink slip. Told my wife it’s a good time to start getting creative and cleaning out the pantry and the deep freeze!
                If you get a pink slip you can draw 39 weeks of full pay unemployment.

People gonna be begging for pink slips next week.

Comment

All we can do is hang in there and keep the faith. I know it may sound crazy but in a way we are all in this togeather!

Comment

I’m getting cut to 25 hrs a week starting Monday and have been working from home for two weeks. Wife’s a nurse so a whole lot of stability there.
                    I’m being optimistic and trying new routines with my kids during the day and am working on keeping them engaged.

Stay strong and keep your chin up!

Comment

Well it has started...

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Is that full pay for hourly employees? I’m in sales and my base pay is about 25% of what I earn per year. At some point I’m thinking our sales force has to be cut if this thing prolongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

I thought benefits were capped? Don’t think you get full pay unless this is part of the package they just passed?

Comment

I am making a huge change in my career hopefully in the next six months.. Getting all the applications in tomorrow.. Wish me luck.

Comment

Such BS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

My company say, per news paper, 30% reduction in force coming and pay reductions. Waiting to see what happens now. Such a weird time we have going on right now. I know there is going to be a lot of this going on now. Good luck folks. At least none of us should go hungry.

And guys dont think that unemployment check is going to go far or pay for much. It will buy groceries.
                              Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 03-26-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X