Toyota Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
    True. I’ll take reliable over any other factor everyday.
    I get that.
    To some folks more options and performance is a bigger factor.

Comment

They are the preferred truck for meth heads

Comment

You just can't buy peace of mind; unless you buy a Toyota..... Wife- 4 Runner, oldest son- Corolla, youngest son- Camry, and I love my Tundra.

I dont dislike Dodge, Ford, or Chevy's, and pray for the day Toyota makes a 3/4 ton diesel. If that day comes, I'm in. I've heard talk of a 1/2 ton diesel, but I'll hold out for the 3/4 ton.

Comment

built in the good ol' U.S. of Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
            You just can't buy peace of mind; unless you buy a Toyota..... Wife- 4 Runner, oldest son- Corolla, youngest son- Camry, and I love my Tundra.
            Lol. Whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              I think all the complaining about Tacomas and Tundras must come from the hill billies that can't afford one. All the BS about them being rice burners makes me LOL

At least they work. I have nothing against people who own Chevy/Ford but no one can say Toyotas don't last a lot longer. I guess they can say it, but everyone knows they're FOS.
              Whatever. I'm sure my GMC 2500 HD Denali, Duramax, Allison tranny, 4x4 costs more than most, if not all foreign trucks, and do more. So, I definitely can afford it but choose not to because I buy American including my Harley. Now, I do have foreign TV's and such because I have no choice. BTW, I noticed that most Libtards drive foreign vehicles but not all foreign vehicle owners are Libtards.
              Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I bought my first Tundra about a year and a half ago. Don’t think I’ll ever own anything else besides a Toyota. The transmission in my wife’s Nissan started acting up about the time we got it paid off. Things seem to always happen that way. I think it had about 55,000 miles in it. I gently coaxed her into a Camry. She wasn’t crazy about them and it wouldn’t have been her first choice but she loves it now.

Comment

I'm on my second Tacoma (200k on the first one) and they have been perfect for me and my purposes. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to brands but I'm surprised there is still some "I ain't supporting no Jap company" sentiment lingering around. I understand why my dad wouldn't buy Japanese but he was a WWII era veteran. Toyota employs over 30,000 people in the US and that does not include all the thousands of dealership employees. If you decide to only buy products manufactured in America you will be living a pretty spartan existence

Comment

Tacomas are freakin solid little trucks. But I've never understood the Tundra concept. They made a slightly oversized half ton that still doesn't have the tow capacity near a 3/4 ton that gets terrible fuel mileage... The new f150's I've driven blow the new tundras out of the water in terms of performance, fuel mileage and comfort. Personally I pull trailers and live on a farm, so I got a dually and a 3/4 ton. If I didn't I would go with an f150 or a Tacoma. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Reminds me, I need to start looking for a Tacoma to add. Sure enjoyed the one I had.

Rwc

Comment

Buy what you like. Guess we can start a thread about Justin, Ariat, Red Wing, Georgia work boots and see similar responses... I like the nostalgia part about GM, Ford, Dodge. The history attached to them in regards to building this country. No sense in going into a measuring contest...

I also, laugh at the comments on a fuel mileage. If you are willing to spend $5-800/month in payments or $40-80K cash for a vehicle. Fuel mileage of + or - 2mpgs really doesn't make much difference. Yes, get the most bang for your buck. But also get the most comfort for your buck.

Comment

Toyota Trucks

I’m not a fan of the Tundras, but I know a lot of folks who absolutely love them. I just traded the Trail premium 4Runner in and picked up an LT Trail boss. The only Tundra that would be somewhat similar is a TRD Pro.

Back in a Chevy! Buy whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Chad C; 03-25-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Whatever. I'm sure my GMC 2500 HD Denali, Duramax, Allison tranny, 4x4 costs more than most, if not all foreign trucks, and do more. So, I definitely can afford it but choose not to because I buy American including my Harley. Now, I do have foreign TV's and such because I have no choice. BTW, I noticed that most Libtards drive foreign vehicles but not all foreign vehicle owners are Libtards.
                            Elkbowhunter is that you?

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                            Reminds me, I need to start looking for a Tacoma to add. Sure enjoyed the one I had.

Rwc
                            Will Toyota put Tundras or Tacomas on sale during this COVID event? I hope they do...but then I hope they don't LOL

Comment

Tundras are an old design. Go back to the mid 2000's when the 5.7 came out and find a contemporary truck that got much better mpg in v8, 6spd, 4.30 form. The same anti Toyota guys are the same ones who gush over the 5.9 and 7.3, which compared to today, are wimps. Sure they could have updated it, but why? They're probably pretty happy selling fewer trucks and eating the Big 3's lunch in most other vehicle classes. I'm sure that when they do they'll have a high strung turbo 6 or small v8, with a 21 speed and highway gears to eek out 2mpg. Probably add a big screen dash, butt scratchers, and 25 function tailgate just to appease the "look at my awesome status symbol truck" folks who can't fathom that some might choose something different than them. Drive them all, pick the one you like.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 03-25-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                                Tundras are an old design. Go back to the mid 2000's when the 5.7 came out and find a contemporary truck that got much better mpg in v8, 6spd, 4.30 form. The same anti Toyota guys are the same ones who gush over the 5.9 and 7.3, which compared to today, are wimps. Sure they could have updated it, but why? They're probably pretty happy selling fewer trucks and eating the Big 3's lunch in most other vehicle classes. I'm sure that when they do they'll have a high strung turbo 6 or small v8, with a 21 speed and highway gears. Probably add a big screen dash, butt scratchers, and 25 function tailgate just to appease the "look at my awesome truck" folks who can't fathom that some might choose something different than them. Drive them all, pick the one you like.
                                I got ripped off. Mine didn't come with the butt scratcher. And in these low TP count days we are having. I could use one.

Comment

Working...
                                X