Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    Federal Grill is proud of their food!
    Yeah, I just looked them up and they sure are! That being said it looks like the beef dishes are the highest which is understandable. If you go buy a nice filet from HEB right now it will cost you $20 for just the steak....

Note that Da Vinci is not necessarily cheap, but it is the kind of food that is VERY difficult for you to replicate at home so to me it is worth it...

I'm going to try this Pearl and Vine place as well as the Federal Grill. I see the Federal Grill is doing the restaurant week deal so would be a good time to try it...

Comment

Anthonies just a short drive from Katy in Simington, been there a 100 times and it’s really good. Be ready to drop some coin though

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        Anthonies just a short drive from Katy in Simington, been there a 100 times and it’s really good. Be ready to drop some coin though
        FYI, the chef that opened Anthony's in Simonton is the chef/partner of Pearl & Vine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
          Taste of Texas right around 10 and beltway 8
          I went here a month or so ago and I was very pleased. The rest of my party was pleased as well. I'll go back when I'm in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
            I went here a month or so ago and I was very pleased. The rest of my party was pleased as well. I'll go back when I'm in the area.
            I think Pappados and pappasitas are down that way as well

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
              I think Pappados and pappasitas are down that way as well

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                FYI, the chef that opened Anthony's in Simonton is the chef/partner of Pearl & Vine.
                I did not know that. We went there a couple of weeks after it opened and it was pretty average given the pricing. You could tell they were still trying to get their feet under them so to speak. Atmosphere was really nice. It will definitely get another chance from us for sure. The last couple of times we have been to Anthonie's it had slipped a notch from precovid days. I think trying to find reliable staff that will stay on for longer periods of time is a challenge for these higher end restaurants these days. There is a certain level of expection when you choose to dine at a place with those price tags and it can be difficult to execute when your staff is constantly turning over. Just speculation on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Are you referring to Ryan Hallsted or Anthonie Decker? Ryan is the owner and executive chef at Pearl and Vine, and did work at Anthonie's as a chef.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    Are you referring to Ryan Hallsted or Anthonie Decker? Ryan is the owner and executive chef at Pearl and Vine, and did work at Anthonie's as a chef.
                    He was also at Reef before making his way to Anthonies. Reef was a great place when he ran the kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                    X