No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger played the best golf I have ever seen anyone play. I'm not going to compare him to Jack because Jack played in a different era with different equipment so it wouldn't be fair to either of them. I'm not a huge fan of Tiger in fact when he was on some of his greatest runs I would root against him. I just didn't want to believe a person could play at that level consistently. I am hoping he becomes competitive again because it will help the golf industry which has been struggling for years. The PGA Tour is doing great but public golf courses are closing down all over the country. There are some great young players that make avid golf fans watch every week but Tiger moves the needle. He gets people to play that haven't played or haven't played in a long time.

Comment

I really don’t get the I’m not gonna compare Tiger to the old guys because they are using different equipment. He is still demolishing the competition in the same way and in many times more than Jack and others ever did. What’s the difference? How is it incomparable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        There is no doubt, we all have, and hopefully learned from it. When people don't, it's usually their pride or ego that keeps them from it. I was so disappointed to see Tiger loosing his temper and dropping F bombs and using the Lords name in vein on camera still...A come back with humility would be easier to accept.
        Lords name in vein and f bombs? Have you ever played golf?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Kick life’s Arse Tiger. I’ve ****ed up before. Hope none of y’all have.
          This is what I think.

Comment

I dont care how big they make drivers or materials that are used. You still gotta put a good swing on it. And most these guys irons are blades, same basic forged idea for 50 yrs. Im not buyin the equipment thing. Courses back 30 yrs ago were shorter. At any rate, go TIGER. man is lookin solid

Comment

Go Tiger!

Comment

thing is

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Kick life’s Arse Tiger. I’ve ****ed up before. Hope none of y’all have.
                Golf was boring until Tiger Woods came along.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                  I really don’t get the I’m not gonna compare Tiger to the old guys because they are using different equipment. He is still demolishing the competition in the same way and in many times more than Jack and others ever did. What’s the difference? How is it incomparable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ball is the biggest difference in today's game vs the 70s-80s. Goes farther and spins less which puts a lot less emphasis on ball striking. Also the "older guys" were hitting 5 irons into par 4s that today's pros are hitting short irons. It makes a huge difference but Jack and Tiger are the two greatest to ever play however you want to rank them.

Comment

So after 400 post have we reached an answer on if anybody cares?
                    11,000 views of people who don't care! lol

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious the golf world cares a great deal, he did great this week and looks like he is on his way to making a comeback. When I started this thread I was just sick and tired of all the Tiger talk when we have so many great young golfers. As mentioned, I hope he comes back with a lot more humility than before. So far, I can see changes in his overall attitude and he seems to have a greater appreciation for the game and those around him. I think the fact that these younger stars have taken him into their click has been a great help to him, making him feel like he's loved and wanted around the club house. We will see what the future holds for him, but if he starts to win again I hope he has a better overall attitude toward those around him. It would be nice to see him and Phil go head to head one Sunday.
                      So after 400 post have we reached an answer on if anybody cares?

Comment

The younger players owe Tiger all the respect in the world. He brought the game of golf back to life for all ages and races when it had gone downhill. When he plays they ALL benefit from it whether he plays well or not. He makes the PGA money.

In his prime he played fewer tournaments then you would think. Need to check his tournaments started versus tournaments won during his prime. He won when he was supposed to win! That might be the most difficult thing to do in any sport.

He will never come back to his prime playing abilities. Age and life get in the way of those things for every person on the planet. I hope he comes back and stays healthy, enjoys being with the other players, fans and appreciates the game.

Comment

Tiger played well, definitely had some rust in his game. But made some good shots and put on a good score and a pretty easy course.
                          I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he got a top 10 at Augusta in April. He plays that course so well.

Ricky Fowler was insane yesterday- shot a 61 but really could have shot 57 or 58

Comment

Apparently they do, ratings were through the roof...

Comment

The PGA cares.... he doubled their revenue and it's been going back down now that he's gone. Their looking for another hero.

Comment

Huh... How's Tiger doing today

Comment

Working...
                                X