No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snagged this picture the other day on “World Bee Day”. The sun peaking out was a welcome sight after about 5 straight days of rain. One of those days we got 16” on that pad we are loading on. Shipping all the nucs to the Midwest to get ready for clover, alfalfa, and canola.
    Attached Files

Comment

I had fantastic luck with TBH last time I got a swarm in my meter box a few years ago... If anyone wants some bees send me a pm, located in hutto Texas

Comment

Have a hive in a tree if anyone wants to come get them. Nocona TX

Comment

this thread is looooong so, if anyone on here has bees and can help me get started in the Killeen,lampasas area please send me a pm.

Comment

Does anyone near Houston want some free bees before I have to kill them? I don’t want to but they’ve taken up residence in my house. The hive is entering on the side of my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyd Guy View Post
              Does anyone near Houston want some free bees before I have to kill them? I don’t want to but they’ve taken up residence in my house. The hive is entering on the side of my house.
              How much longer can you hang on to them? I could get them in a couple of weeks

Comment

Did a removal today.

Got a call about bees in a large Oak that was being taken down. The tree had been cut down yesterday, but the hollow cavity in the limb, and part of the trunk was still intact. We cut off the hollow limb, and loaded it onto the trailer to take home to dissect..
                Once home, we smoked (honey-b-gone) to make all the bees evacuate. Found the queen and put her in a cage and attached it to a frame and put in the box near the end of the open limb.
                Gotta retreat to the house, as I took multiple stings thru my sweat soaked gloves. I’ll check on the bee evac in a few hours. With the queen safely caged in the box, the rest of the bees should move to her.,Click image for larger version

Name:	3ADD1437-097F-4D37-BC03-0AADA9ED2623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	24653812
                Last edited by Witchgrass; 06-12-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Bee removal

[ATTACH]1052605[/ATTACH]

Comment

Bee removal

[ATTACH]1052606[/ATTACH]

Comment

Lot off work right there.

Comment

There is a hive in the front of this 5th wheel. North of throckmorton is anyone wants to get them.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Water meter removal yesterday. Pulled the lid, turned it over and the first one I see is the queen. That seldom happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love those small hives!

Comment

Another interesting removal.

Got a call from a guy who needed bees removed from a cable box in his yard so the cable company could hook up his service. Found this when I arrived.

I got set up and started to take the box off the stubbed out cable I was sure it contained but when I picked up on it, it was just sitting on bare ground!

So I took the whole thing to one of my bee yards to do the extraction. This is what was inside.

Finally found the queen moving through this mass of bees.

Quite a large hive, that comb is laying on a 10 frame lid for a hive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anymore updates on the Flowhive?

Comment

Working...
                                X