No announcement yet.

Bay Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the boat!! I’ve been looking for months for the “right” used rig. They are definitely not easy to come by. I had a 24V ipilot that ran my 23’ shoalwater just fine for the better part of the day. If you plan on fishing that boat hard(wind/current) I wouldn’t go any smaller than that.

Comment

Go 36V if you can, you never know

Comment

I run a 24 v 80 # MK-terrova saltwater version on a 19’ blue wave with absolutely no power issues but I definitely wouldn’t go any smaller! For what it’s worth, I had a MG - Xi5 80# on my old boat and the xi5 held way tighter on the spot lock hands down!! If you don’t need spot lock - you can’t go wrong with either.

Comment

I have a Rhodan and like it a lot.
          Congrats!

Comment

I just bought a boat a little over a month ago and I went 36v on the trolling motor

My motto

Better to have and not need than to need and not have!!!

Comment

Ive have a 24v 102 thrust on my boat thats 21'6". Even with 4 people and all my crap (I have a lot of crap in the boat). My troller will last 2 days of chasing schooling fish and using spot lock and still pull the boat 3 mph at the end of the day.

And yes, sometimes with a removable T-top

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                Do you have a t-top?
                No sir

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  No sir

what about a T-Back?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    what about a T-Back?
                    Free balling

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Free balling

[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep the T-Top and or a bimini. After years of having our boat we put a bimini on it for a way to just get out of the sun. It has been worth it's weight in GOLD! Now won't even think about a boat without some type of a way to get out of the sun. What a difference!

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                          Keep the T-Top and or a bimini. After years of having our boat we put a bimini on it for a way to just get out of the sun. It has been worth it's weight in GOLD! Now won't even think about a boat without some type of a way to get out of the sun. What a difference!
                          Your old

Comment

I have a 24v 80lb Ipilot on my 22' Blazer bay with a large T top and it does just fine. I hardly ever put it on high but when you do you better let others know or you will throw them out. On high that 80lb will git it.

Comment

Can’t wait to get it out on the water.

What kind of motor stabilizer/transom saver is preferred on these big motors

Comment

Ok so we went down and picked her up fathers day weekend did a little fishing but mostly getting a feel for the boat. Really need to spend some time running the bay and figure out where I can and can’t go and how to get into some spots.

Had a fender liner come off of the trailer and the mounting screw shredded a tire. Got it changed and dropped it off in SA to get a turbo swing installed for dragging kids at the lake. When they are done it will be back to the house to pull the wrap and give is a buff polish and wax. Going to remove the front cooler rack to open up the front
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X