No announcement yet.

South padre question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's never been unsafe. Quiet little island. Texas week of Spring Break is another story. Port Isabel would be more worrisome but not really.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go.

Comment

Nothing has changed, spent a month down there this year.

Comment

We went last weekend. We used an ABnB, it worked out great.
          Did a bay trip and brought home limit on Spades, and plenty of Mangrove Snapper.
          Great restaurants, felt safe, and overall a great trip.
          Saw a lot of families with kiddos on the beach.

Last time I was there was in 86' for our HS senior trip, it has changed since then...

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
            It’s not what it use to be for me. The beaches aren’t takin care of like the use to be. It’s still safe for the most part. I have a hard time driving that far when port A is a better place for me
            To me, SPI blows Port A away in every way. I grew up going to Port A multiple times a summer and have continued into adulthood. A few years ago we went back to SPI after not having been there since I was in high school. SPI is way nicer than Port A, the beaches/water aren't even comparable, at least the condo beaches, don't know about the public beaches. I got sick of Port A's dirty beaches, people treat them like their public trash cans. Beaches in Port A stink, water is typically dirty brown, restaurant's are crazy crowed. I still enjoy an occasional trip to Port A, but given the choice, I'd choose SPI all day every day.

Comment

Working...
            X