• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Sooner!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Marked!
    Good Lord what is going on

Comment

i knew the sooners would bounce back in the second game with the bats. Todays game will be a goon one and this is how a series should go. unfortunately i'll be on the road with my daughter to Plano for another tournament this weekend during the game. I'll have to catch the highlights when we get to the hotel.

it's been a lot of fun watching the WCWS again, missed it last year. pulling for Oklahoma to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
        Marked!

Good Lord what is going on
        It was just funny. Lol.

I hope they lose.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          i knew the sooners would bounce back in the second game with the bats. Todays game will be a goon one and this is how a series should go. unfortunately i'll be on the road with my daughter to Plano for another tournament this weekend during the game. I'll have to catch the highlights when we get to the hotel.

it's been a lot of fun watching the WCWS again, missed it last year. pulling for Oklahoma to get the win.
          Hey ORR, would have most likely been at the same tournament with my daughter this weekend but she is taking summer classes (to lighten her load senior year) and started this week and doesn't want to miss school tomorrow. What team does your daughter play for (if you don't mind me asking) - I will have to keep an eye out over the rest of the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
            Hey ORR, would have most likely been at the same tournament with my daughter this weekend but she is taking summer classes (to lighten her load senior year) and started this week and doesn't want to miss school tomorrow. What team does your daughter play for (if you don't mind me asking) - I will have to keep an eye out over the rest of the summer.
            funny, we are in the same situation. my daughter will be a senior too, she is taking some dual credit classes this summer. she had to get up early this morning to try and get stuff done before we head out. practice this evening in Flower mound and first game is noon tomorrow. luckily her college classes are online so we can take it with us. She plays for Texas Bombers HTX Sugarland.

we will be in Houston next wknd for the Summer Cup, which we host and then She and her mom will be off to Colorado the following week. unfortunately i will miss Colorado this year, my son has Regional Qualifiers for the Junior Olympics.

Who do you guys play for?

Comment

funny, we are in the same situation. my daughter will be a senior too, she is taking some dual credit classes this summer. she had to get up early this morning to try and get stuff done before we head out. practice this evening in Flower mound and first game is noon tomorrow. luckily her college classes are online so we can take it with us. She plays for Texas Bombers HTX Sugarland.

we will be in Houston next wknd for the Summer Cup, which we host and then She and her mom will be off to Colorado the following week. unfortunately i will miss Colorado this year, my son has Regional Qualifiers for the Junior Olympics.

Who do you guys play for?
              Sounds like she will be busy this summer, and you too. My daughter just moved to a smaller organization, Gulf Coast Bombers. You probably haven't heard of them. A little spin off of the Bombers in the SA area a few years ago. She was with Athletics Mercado (who branched out here from California a couple years ago) but they were planning on 4 or 5 out of state trips this summer and that was too much.
              We will be playing in the Summer Cup next weekend, well she will be.

Comment

Sounds like she will be busy this summer, and you too. My daughter just moved to a smaller organization, Gulf Coast Bombers. You probably haven't heard of them. A little spin off of the Bombers in the SA area a few years ago. She was with Athletics Mercado (who branched out here from California a couple years ago) but they were planning on 4 or 5 out of state trips this summer and that was too much.
                We will be playing in the Summer Cup next weekend, well she will be.
                one of the mercado teams (NTX-Robinson) is playing this weekend. they haven't posted the summer cup schedule yet but i'll look you guys up and come watch. we got lucky and only have colorado and OK City for the TFL championship, if we qualify, for out of state travel this summer. fact is the best softball is played here now anyway so no need to travel that much anymore. make california come to us! between my daughter and my son we are all over the place, got a break this summer with Junior Olympics being hosted in Humble, that saves us big!. don't mind the travel around Texas.

good luck next wknd

Comment

one of the mercado teams (NTX-Robinson) is playing this weekend. they haven't posted the summer cup schedule yet but i'll look you guys up and come watch. we got lucky and only have colorado and OK City for the TFL championship, if we qualify, for out of state travel this summer. fact is the best softball is played here now anyway so no need to travel that much anymore. make california come to us! between my daughter and my son we are all over the place, got a break this summer with Junior Olympics being hosted in Humble, that saves us big!. don't mind the travel around Texas.

good luck next wknd
                  Sounds good. Yeah, the out of state tournaments are fun, and are exciting for the kids, but unless you are going to a major D1 (Texas, LSU ,etc) I don't think too many are necessary. And they are costly and hell on a work and hunting schedule. We are focusing on getting her to camps this summer for the schools she is interested in. The Rona has really messed up the 2022's as far as recruiting. What events is your son in?
                  (

Comment

Sounds good. Yeah, the out of state tournaments are fun, and are exciting for the kids, but unless you are going to a major D1 (Texas, LSU ,etc) I don't think too many are necessary. And they are costly and hell on a work and hunting schedule. We are focusing on getting her to camps this summer for the schools she is interested in. The Rona has really messed up the 2022's as far as recruiting. What events is your son in?
                    (

Yeah the additional year they gave the athletes is causing big issues with recruiting, my wife coached High school ball for 20 years and has good relationships with some of the jucos locally and they are really struggling to get their good athletes pushed up to 4 year schools right now due to limited roster spots. It’s going to take a full cycle (4years) to clear this out and yes the 2022s are affected pretty badly. My daughter was offered a full scholarship by a local juco this spring and while we think she can pitch for a 4 year school we decided to accept due to all the covid recruiting issues. We still have this summer abs next spring for bigger things to happen but juco may actually be a better option in terms of value right now due to the limited scholarships at the bigger schools.

My son is pure field Events. He throws shot, javelin and disc. Currently #1 in the nation in shot (3 years)and trying for a third gold at JO this year. This will be his first year throwing disc at 11 and currently he is ranked #1 going into district qualifiers this wknd. They didn’t throw jav last year at jo but in 2019 he medaled finishing 8th (top
                    8 medal at jo) so we slid in just barely but he is throwing well right now so the goal is
                    Gold in shot and disc and if we can manage another medal in jav we will be ecstatic. If you can even medal in 3 Events that’s good but if we can come away at the top in two then that’s pretty amazing.
                    Building they resume!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah the additional year they gave the athletes is causing big issues with recruiting, my wife coached High school ball for 20 years and has good relationships with some of the jucos locally and they are really struggling to get their good athletes pushed up to 4 year schools right now due to limited roster spots. It’s going to take a full cycle (4years) to clear this out and yes the 2022s are affected pretty badly. My daughter was offered a full scholarship by a local juco this spring and while we think she can pitch for a 4 year school we decided to accept due to all the covid recruiting issues. We still have this summer abs next spring for bigger things to happen but juco may actually be a better option in terms of value right now due to the limited scholarships at the bigger schools.

My son is pure field Events. He throws shot, javelin and disc. Currently #1 in the nation in shot (3 years)and trying for a third gold at JO this year. This will be his first year throwing disc at 11 and currently he is ranked #1 going into district qualifiers this wknd. They didn’t throw jav last year at jo but in 2019 he medaled finishing 8th (top
                      8 medal at jo) so we slid in just barely but he is throwing well right now so the goal is
                      Gold in shot and disc and if we can manage another medal in jav we will be ecstatic. If you can even medal in 3 Events that’s good but if we can come away at the top in two then that’s pretty amazing.
                      Building they resume!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is awesome, best of luck to him! Really impressive. My daughter is hoping to play D2, but with the way things are, who knows. New to the recruiting, scholarship stuff so not sure what to realistically expect. See and hear so many different things that it keeps me guessing. I have heard scuttlebutt that schools will continue to offer additional years of eligibility for about a cycle, but seems like that will perpetuate the issue. However, it is only fair to girls like ours (and freshmen and sophomores in college) because they will likely have to wait longer for upper-classmen (women) to leave. Best of luck to your daughter and maybe we will catch up with you next weekend.

Comment

I just heard on sports radio that women’s softball will have more viewership than men’s baseball. Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          I just heard on sports radio that women’s softball will have more viewership than men’s baseball. Who knew?

Comment

Boomer with the win…..

Comment

Boomer!!!!

Comment

Boomer! What an awesome team. Up through the losers bracket, down after 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X