No announcement yet.

2021 College Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough one for my Dukes.... but that game showed what depth at pitcher does for your team (and lack of pop at the plate)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah Florida state lit them up today.

Should be a great series.

Comment

That match up is going to be interesting

Comment

That JMU pitcher had over 1000 pitches in the series run.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
            Update My daughters HS team (Rains) Just won the Texas 3A state title!
            And she is now the 3A all state Pitcher!
            Her stats for the year.
            28-0
            156 innings pitched
            6 earned runs
            13 walks
            334 strikeouts
            .269 ERA
            Throws 61- 66 mph with tons of movement with a 45-47 mph change up.
            Speed is great but it's all about the movement! her riseball is her strikeout pitch.
            imagine seeing a 63mph curve in or out, or a screw, then a 46 mph change that freezes most batters then a riseball at 64-65 the change makes it look 70 mph.
            Wow, hell of a season for your daughter Elkaholic! Huge congrats to her sir!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
              Tough one for my Dukes.... but that game showed what depth at pitcher does for your team (and lack of pop at the plate)

Sorry about that TexanDuke - they showed a ton of fightI told my wife that if JMU didn't win the first semifinal game against OU that I thought it was over.

Basically for the reasons you mentioned. JMU was riding the one pitcher and it would give OU more looks at her and OU has 4 good to very good pitchers to keep JMU off balance.

Comment

Thanks y'all. She has worked so hard for the past 7 years. Odicci Alexander for JMU is now one of her favorite players. being a underdog herself most her career, she roots for other underdogs.

The OU, Florida State matchup will be interesting. OU normally blows teams out, while Florida State just finds a way to win.
                Facing some adversity recently was just what OU needed. I like the Florida State team but I think OU's offence is too strong. I think the pitching is fairly equal.

Comment

Those poor JMU girls "looked like they'd seen a ghost"...... I've been on both sides of that coin and it isn't fun when you run into a team as good as those girls from Oklahoma.... You can play a perfect game and still get smoked! Congrats to the JMU girls on a heck of a season!!

Comment

Any other predictions for the start of tonight's Championship?? I do think OU has a stronger offense but look what FS did to Bama's best pitcher and FS has found all kind of different ways to win. This should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                      Any other predictions for the start of tonight's Championship?? I do think OU has a stronger offense but look what FS did to Bama's best pitcher and FS has found all kind of different ways to win. This should be a good one.

I understand the having a set location like Omaha but man, it’s like OU is playing at home field lol I truthfully think that’s what gets them the series I think FSU can take one but IMO the series gets won with a great team playing in front of their great crowd

Comment

I understand the having a set location like Omaha but man, it’s like OU is playing at home field lol I truthfully think that’s what gets them the series I think FSU can take one but IMO the series gets won with a great team playing in front of their great crowd

Like OU playing Bama and LSU in football in the Sugar Bowl? LOL!

Comment

2021 College Softball

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Like OU playing Bama and LSU in football in the Sugar Bowl? LOL!

Yes, same concept. I’m confused?

OU will have the majority of fans and that’s a great advantage.

Comment

Yes, same concept. I’m confused?

OU will have the majority of fans and that’s a great advantage.

It’s called, “The way it is.”

Comment

2021 College Softball

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              It’s called, “The way it is.”

No doubt man, as referenced in my original reply. If Nebraska was in the CWS in Omaha it would be the same situation.

To clarify I don’t think it’s unfair in the slightest, it just sways my prediction (heavily) in OUs way. I wasn’t complaining or crediting that with the way they handled JMU.

Comment

Got in late on this thread but I gotta say this..... Have Had 3 girls in softball & A boy in baseball. Baseball has too much politics in it. Coaches sons get to play and the rest is sorted out.
                                Softball is--- best girls get to play! Softball, the bases are closer, including pitchers mound to home plate. The reaction time for the girls is just as fast as for the boys. Home runs are just as challenging for girls as for boys. Enjoyed softball way more than baseball. Youngest daughter played 13 years and we travelled all over the S. E. Playing ball. Loved softies! Not so much baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X