No announcement yet.

2021 College Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep it get's there quick. One of Dad's on my daughters team showed at practice limping. I ask what happen and of course his daughter through a drop curve and it moved quicker than he could react. After that he called it quits and now pays a kid to catch her.

Comment

My uncle is the AD at James Madison, my brother is an assistant coach on the baseball team, I attended there after my military school transfer.... it’s a fun time to be a Duke!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 College Softball

Purely for comparison, the girls play on the same size field and bases as my 10 year old son. I think the mound is the same distance too, but it’s flat. I only say this to say, that yellow ball gets on EVERYONE QUICK! It wouldn’t be the same game if you changed the mound or base distance.

You also have to take into account that those pitchers can move that ball in any direction. Up, down, both side drop curves. Like they can curve it in all those directions. It’s it’s own sport.

I prefer baseball, but make no mistake, those girls are bad asses at their game. It is VERY fast.

Comment

I agree, it wouldn't be the same if you started changing it too much. And James Madison is making some noise. I had a feeling they were going to be tough after watching them dispatch Missouri. Knocking off Oklahoma though, wow! OK has been whooping everyone, nice to see them get taken down a notch. James Madison girls are not intimidated.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
            I agree, it wouldn't be the same if you started changing it too much. And James Madison is making some noise. I had a feeling they were going to be tough after watching them dispatch Missouri. Knocking off Oklahoma though, wow! OK has been whooping everyone, nice to see them get taken down a notch. James Madison girls are not intimidated.

Don’t love the Cinderella narrative but I am STOKED for the program

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
              Don’t love the Cinderella narrative but I am STOKED for the program

If I recall correctly they have had some success in recent years, did well in regionals maybe even went to a Super Regional 2 or 3 years ago? Maybe not Cinderella's but still a cool story. Almost anyone is a Cinderella against OU this year.

Comment

2021 College Softball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Smart did you see that Route had one at 75 mph that's some serious heat.

Comment

70 at 60 feet is hard to imagine. You are almost selling out before the pitch is thrown. 75 is a total guess, and you can’t adjust to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                      Why don't you give it up. You have your opinion and I have mine. But yours for sure ain't any better than mine.

I can state a lot of things about the athleticism of quite a few of these girls compared to you at your best, but you wouldn't believe any of it. I have played with guys that played college and professional baseball. I am not saying these girls are as athletic, but they aren't scrubs and you would be surprised.
                      So you're ok with transgender boys playing in girls sports? The girls would still dominate because the field is smaller, right?

Again, I like the game. I watched yesterday. Comparing the womens athletic ability to men is the part I disagree with you on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

70 at 43 feet. My daughter pitches in 12U....she is only throwing in the low 50s, but at 40 feet it gets there pretty quick. Couldn't imagine catching someone throwing 70.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
                          70 at 43 feet. My daughter pitches in 12U....she is only throwing in the low 50s, but at 40 feet it gets there pretty quick. Couldn't imagine catching someone throwing 70.
                          Low 50s at 12u? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Low 50s at 12u? Wow.

There are some girls throwing upper 50s in 12U.

Like others have said, it is a different game. To me it is more enjoyable to watch, and I know what kind of athletes those girls are. I do like watching college baseball, but pros I can't even begin to get into a game. I like the shorter game of softball as it adds a sense of urgency to the game where you have to make some risky calls to get a run across.

Some of you are getting caught up in comparing guys to girls. I think it is a now brainer that guys are faster and stronger than most girls, so they are more "athletic", but I would challenge any one of you to step in front of a high school pitcher and see if you could hit it. Let alone a college pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Purely for comparison, the girls play on the same size field and bases as my 10 year old son. I think the mound is the same distance too, but it’s flat. I only say this to say, that yellow ball gets on EVERYONE QUICK! It wouldn’t be the same game if you changed the mound or base distance.

You also have to take into account that those pitchers can move that ball in any direction. Up, down, both side drop curves. Like they can curve it in all those directions. It’s it’s own sport.

I prefer baseball, but make no mistake, those girls are bad asses at their game. It is VERY fast.

No doubt. My niece is one of Chickens favorites. She is a blast to watch pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
                                There are some girls throwing upper 50s in 12U.

Like others have said, it is a different game. To me it is more enjoyable to watch, and I know what kind of athletes those girls are. I do like watching college baseball, but pros I can't even begin to get into a game. I like the shorter game of softball as it adds a sense of urgency to the game where you have to make some risky calls to get a run across.

Some of you are getting caught up in comparing guys to girls. I think it is a now brainer that guys are faster and stronger than most girls, so they are more "athletic", but I would challenge any one of you to step in front of a high school pitcher and see if you could hit it. Let alone a college pitcher.

BoB would probably park ever pitch.....

Comment

Working...
                                X