No announcement yet.

where should we go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Granbury eat at babes. Walk the square fish if you want idk About the b&bs there are alot & the hilton is on the lake
    Last edited by bigmike; 04-15-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Ruidoso
      Cloudcroft
      Big bend
      We REALLY enjoyed Tennessee.
      Biloxi was cool too but didn’t stay but one night.

Comment

Congrats on the 44.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Ruidoso
          will check that out - always heard good things Thanks

Comment

Caddo Lake is a must see. Take a boat tour while there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Around the campfire.

Comment

Congrats on #44.

Personally, I go find the latest and greatest list of best Texas BBQ and follow that :-)

Until lately, DFW wasn't great for BBQ but that has changed dramatically. Happy to provide a list if you're interested. Lots of great options for VRBO close to but outside the metro-mess.

Muenster is doing Germanfest next weekend ~April 23.

Broken Bow is great but I don't love any of the restaurants and shopping is not really there. But the cabins are great where I'm happy to eat my own cooking and the hiking trails and fly fishing are fun. Boat rentals, golf, etc. if you want that.

Tennessee is great and I love the Kentucky Bourbon Trail but that may be farther than you want to go.

Closer to home Petit Jean in Arkansas is very nice and so is Santa Fe, NM.

Comment

If it’s just the 3 day gig like you posted, Glenrose is cool. Killer bbq place on the left, forgot the name, awsome drive through animal park with African animals and Texas animals, paluxy river with dinosaur tracks in the rock.

Comment

Save your get-a-ways if you can. Then head east to Savannah Ga during the early spring. it's beautiful.

Comment

I in same boat. Want to take a three day trip from Houston to New Orleans area. Take some back roads and hit the Tabasco plantation and eat some good food. Really don’t care for Bourbon St.

Comment

Hot Springs, Ak is about 6 - 7 hour drive up through east, tx and Ak.

Comment

Red River NM is neat.

Comment

Originally posted by hfd39 View Post
                            Red River NM is neat.

Just went there last week for our anniversary. Most things are closed right now for Covid and off season. We still had a great time.

Try Big Bend before it gets too hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              Caddo Lake is a must see. Take a boat tour while there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              We did the tour last weekend. It was a lot of fun so I would second Caddo. Also Big Bend & nearby towns, Alpine, Ft. Davis, Caverns of Sonora are beautiful. You could also check out some of the small towns and their local festivals & celebrations.

Comment

You're doing it wrong. Pick a sleepy little town with nothing to do. Wrastle with your shirts off for 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X