where should we go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where should we go?

Wife and I been married 44 years. Both lived in Texas all our lives. We have been blessed to get to do 5-6 get away weekends per year for many years. Leave Friday and home Sunday. We have been to the following places many times.

Fredricksburg
    Grandbury
    Salado
    Boerne
    McKinney
    Fort Worth
    Grapevine
    San Antonio
    Gruene
    and many others

We are looking for someplace we have over looked that would be a cool weekend get away - we like good restaurants, shopping, etc. where there are B&Bs or VRBO places to stay. Any suggestions? Thanks

Kerrville?

Comment

Broken Bow

Comment

been to Kerrville several times - I cannot think of them all but thank you anyways for the suggestion

Comment

Passed through Fredricksberg on my way too Luchenbach Saturday around 3:30 pm. If you’re going there you won’t be the only one. Took about 20 minutes to get through town. Beer was cold and so was whatever new alcoholic beverage TopoChico came up with. Good time as always.

Comment

Llano, Waco, Marfa, Junction, port oconnor, Mason are all towns I’ve enjoyed.

Some pretty cool spots in Arkansas as well with a little bit of elevation for a change of pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pelicanpoint View Post
              Broken Bow
              Oklahoma? Would never have thought of that - I will check it out

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                Llano, Waco, Marfa, Junction, port oconnor, Mason are all towns I’ve enjoyed.

Some pretty cool spots in Arkansas as well with a little bit of elevation for a change of pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                been to all of the above other than Arkansas - I will research Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                  Passed through Fredricksberg on my way too Luchenbach Saturday around 3:30 pm. If you’re going there you won’t be the only one. Took about 20 minutes to get through town. Beer was cold and so was whatever new alcoholic beverage TopoChico came up with. Good time as always.
                  yeah it gets crowded but still the best place for a weekend anywhere - just have to book early

Comment

I don’t care much for the hill country, we take all our weekend getaways to the coast, even though we live on the coast. Lol. Galveston or Port A is our preference.

Comment

When the refurbishing is completed, try the Baker Hotel and Spa in Mineral Wells. It used to be a very popular place. The owner is restoring it to the original condition.

Opportunity zone investments with The Baker Hotel; Mineral Wells, Texas. Contact us to learn how to Invest in an Opportunity Zone.

PaloDuro Canyon
                      There are some things to do, sights and history to see.

Comment

Rockport - lighthouse , all the seafound around there including boiling pot. Morning drive to Port A , or another to Aransas wildlife if you like that sort of thing

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          I don’t care much for the hill country, we take all our weekend getaways to the coast, even though we live on the coast. Lol. Galveston or Port A is our preference.
                          yeah I forgot Galveston - been there many times - awesome place in my opinion - same with Port A

Comment

Ruidoso

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Ruidoso
                              That’s a good choice

Comment

Working...
                              X