Chinese cheapo chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    I bought a 10" Ryobi 18 volt today. It compliments my Husky 20 inch and Echo 16 inch.

For running around my place cutting a few 3-5" limbs, it kicks A.

I also have the 9' pole/chainsaw (18v). Well worth the $.
    I bought the Ryobi pole saw and the 10” chain saw, your right, well with the money!
    Last edited by Mertzon Man; 04-02-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I have an 8 year old Ryobi that has never been fed anything but trufuel. Starts everytime I need it to. I will never go back to mixing my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        Stuff burned up one of my Echo power heads. Local Echo dealer said stay away from the Trufuel pre-mixed stuff, the mixed ratios are all over the place. More people I tell this story, the more I hear of this same problem. Echo dealer said buy the non-mixed fuel and mix your own oil in.

My Echo dealer won’t warranty stuff if you DONT run TruFuel. I have 4 Echo saws, 2 string trimmers, an edger and a pole saw. I only run TruFuel and have never ever had a problem. Trimmers cranked today on second pull, 5yrs old and still have the same fuel in them from October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy an Echo from an outdoor power supply place, less than$200 and will run twenty years if taken care of. I have weedeaters that old and they still run great.

Comment

Stihl and Trufuel. You’re set for a long, long time.

Comment

I have a Stihl battery powered pole saw and its no joke. I use it to trim trees on fence lines and its a little beast. It will cut more than I can before the battery runs down. I have the quick charge and its just that-fast charge. i plan on getting the chainsaw next. it s a buy once/cry once purchase. Well worth the money in my experience

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Local Echo dealer said stay away from the Trufuel pre-mixed stuff, the mixed ratios are all over the place. .
                They make multiple mix ratio's, but its printed on the front if the can so you know when buying.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  My Echo dealer won’t warranty stuff if you DONT run TruFuel. I have 4 Echo saws, 2 string trimmers, an edger and a pole saw. I only run TruFuel and have never ever had a problem. Trimmers cranked today on second pull, 5yrs old and still have the same fuel in them from October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Echo wont warranty unless you use Echo oil. Red Armor is the premix brand by Echo.

Echo shop joked that it is probably made by the same folks as Trufuel, must the ratios are more closely controlled. (Supposedly)

Buddy of mine that runs a pretty large lawn business was having the same issue with burned up power heads and Trufuel premix.

I mix my own now, that way I know the mixture is correct. I also use my equipment all the time and use it pretty hard.

Obviously, if it has worked for others, then, no big deal. I am not doing to have it happen to be again.
                  Last edited by Greenheadless; 04-03-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Dewalt Cordless. I have the 12” and the 16”. They work great. Very seldom run my Echo since buying the Dewalts.

Comment

I have a old Stihl that I use maybe once every year or two I hav only run the stihl pre mixed fuel in it. A few pulls and it cranks right up.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        Is one of these eBay $80-$100 nib Chinese knock-off saws 1/2 decent or 100% stay away, every time I buy a top name brand chainsaw I use it then drain the tank and run dry, then it might be 1-2 years till I use it again and they will not start,
                        and the small engine repair center is $100 per saw to get me running again
                        just thinking of alternatives instead recurring expense
                        Please don't support chinese junk. Do what you gotta do to get what you need of course. As a side note, I've had several chainsaws over the years. My latest is an Echo CS400 and it runs like a champ. While I couldn't find definitive location of manufacture, it seems they are all either out of Japan or their illinois facility.

Comment

I have no affiliation with this product except that u se it regularly as a preventative, MECHANIC IN A BOTTLE, I had the same issues every season with my power equipment until my small engine mechanic and echo dealer told me about it I said more snake oil he said no it works. He said your trimmer that won’t start take the fuel line and put it in this product push on the primer bulb to get it in the carb then give it a fuel pulls and let it sit a few hours or overnite, next morning I filled with high octane fuel/oil mix and after about 3–4 pulls it started. I had an old echo hedger that hadn’t started in over 12 years and did the same thing and it fired up, if all else fails carbs for power equipment aren’t too expensive!!!

Comment

Nothing should be left a year without cranking up. Every couple of months crank up everything and let it run. Drink a beer and run it a bit. Stuff isnt made to sit around, its made to run.

Comment

Buy a new one, use it and then sale it for a $20 loss. When you need it again, buy a new one. I have a friend that does that and most of the time he doesn't even lose money.

Comment

I will go with an electric next time

I

Comment

Working...
                                X