Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    So what did you buy, that you don't want?
    Bergara 22-250.

OP, sorry if I hyjacked your thread a little.

Comment

Sad situation. I've done many Classified deals on here from free to several thousand dollars and have never had a bad experience. I guess I've been lucky.

Comment

I have bought and sold quite a few items through the years and luckily have never had a problem. Good luck to all!!!

Comment

I had the same issue when my daughter was selling her FFA rabbits. Several "good" tbh'ers set a date to come get them and then they would just never show up. I called one of them several times to leave a message asking what happened and if they were not coming just to let me know. Got nothing back.

-john

Comment

Its not a here only problem...it happens on all classified...

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
              Its not a here only problem...it happens on all classified...
              Yeah it is. I posted a brand new still in box $79 punching bag for FREE on my Nextdoor App Saterday while cleaning garage. Free just come pick up first come first serve. I am now at 17 people who were "heading over", "on my way", "I'll take it!" ....etc etc Its going out on the curb tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Yeah it is. I posted a brand new still in box $79 punching bag for FREE on my Nextdoor App Saterday while cleaning garage. Free just come pick up first come first serve. I am now at 17 people who were "heading over", "on my way", "I'll take it!" ....etc etc Its going out on the curb tonight.

Hahaha same here. Tried and tried to get rid of my old lawn mower that was pretty much shot, but maybe had a bit of life left in it. FREE - Come and get it. Two weeks later, I just set it out on the curb and it was gone in an hour.

Comment

Fortunately I've only had great experiences with selling stuff on TBH.

Comment

It is not just here, I have had bad experiences giving stuff away for free constantly, but I have always expected folks on here to be on the up and up. I have bought and sold a lot here over the years and have never had a bad experience. Have had people hold things for me and have held things for people with the expectation it would always go through due to the integrity of the site and the people. I have always felt we police ourselves here and would never knowingly make a bad deal here because of that . I did sell a car on here that was my daughters a few years ago and the power steering pump went out the next day . I sent the person a check as soon as he let me know and paid for the repair. Until I get burned I will assume the integrity of folks on here and still be amazed almost daily at the big hearts and support people on this site have given to lots of people .

Comment

Internet classifieds enable flakey and impulsive people to be extra flakey and impulsive.

Comment

It’s happened to me several times here. Some regulars in the classifieds. I keep a mental note and won’t deal with them again. I actually read through to see if any of them commented on this thread. If you strung me along and then ghosted me you better not comment here or I’ll blast you.

Comment

What I like is when they say “can you bring it to me so I can look at it.” Happens all the dang time lol !

Comment

That sucks, I have had nothing but good interactions on TBH classifieds, whether it was F2F or sending through the mail. Prompt payment, easy to work with folks. Definitely appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
                              I’m happy to say I’ve never had a bad dealing here on the green screen in all these years! God bless the green screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Same here....guess we have just been lucky. Things happen and I’ve had a few people back out of a committed deal but never ghosted me altogether. We pretty well police ourselves here on the GS so....there’s that.

Comment

I don't blame you. I've only had one 'bent' deal on here. Traded a guy carry-guns about two years ago. He was from the Houston area - I'm in New Braunfels. Drove about halfway to meet up. Part of the deal was we both agreed to throw in a kydex-type holster to fit each.

When I got there, he 'forgot' the holster but said he'd mail it. I trusted him and did the trade. After repeated "I'm busy"..."I can't get to the post office this week"...etc, I finally gave up and told him to forget about it. And whelp, he did. Never did receive the holster.

In the grand scheme of things, the kydex holster was cheap, but a man's word should dang sure stand for a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                                X