Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From now on, I'm a hardass on selling stuff here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least u where not out any money. Bought a item from a member that didn't work and lost my money. Something about a dish antenna

Comment

That is not good. Glad you had a backup buyer for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here with guns I’ve listed. That’s why I still have them & will just hold on to them. They are not cheap low end guns & some have never even been shot

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I'm still holding a gun for a guy to get back from working off-shore......for 3 years now. Hope he's OK.
          LOL now that's funny !!!

Comment

Don't take it personally. People are doing this more and more. Happens all the time to me in my side business. I just tell them that I don't do Holds and the first one here with cash in hand is the buyer. That usually gets them motivated to commit or pass.

Comment

I've never bought or sold anything here, but do a lot of business through email, text, messenger etc. What I've learned is, the more excited a guy seems to buy your item, the less likely it is to happen. Especially if he uses a lot of exclamation points or emoji's.

"Oh man! ________ is exactly what I've been looking for!!! I've got the cash brother can you hold it for me???"

If he calls you "brother" on top of the punctuation you might as well delete the message and not respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Seems I may have been ghosted myself once... on a little bigger scale. I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                Nope. Ghosted is too kind of a word for what you got.

Comment

Y'all know how it goes. Half the posts on a classified are the "man that'll sell fast" or "wish you were closer" window shoppers with no intent to buy. Then you get the "I'll take it" and there's about a 50% chance they come back with the "can you hold it, will you take less, I need to ask my wife." If you get lucky, you work out a price, and then they go radio silent. Meanwhile you've got the "i'll give you X amount less today but I've got cash" guy bugging you. You move on to the next guy and make a sale. A week later the first guy is complaining that you sold it out from under him.....

Comment

I’m happy to say I’ve never had a bad dealing here on the green screen in all these years! God bless the green screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

don't ever consider a deal done till money changed hands .. it's that simple ... guy wants to buy a rifle, very next day his wife gets drunk , gets in a car accident and hurt somebody .. the last thing on his mind is gonna be buying your rifle ... just saying ! sold my old thermal scope to a "FRIEND" of mine , took him 3 years to pay me back , and toward the end , he ended up re-negotiating the price as newer stuff got cheaper and suddenly I was the one screwing him over. I wonder how much it costs to rent a thermal scope for 3 years ... now i trust CASH IN HAND . ! yep that's a PERIOD at the end!

Comment

WOW, I made a thread on here once about the " I will take it " just venting because of a few times people would say I will take it and back out or not respond after committing to the buy.
                        I got RIPPED by a pile of people about how wrong I was..
                        wish some of you in this thread would have been around to chime in then ..

Comment

Everything is always available until the money is in hand - OR it's someone I've delt with before and feel they are straight up honest. I've had a few deals fall through but in the end it was always for the best and I was never out any money. I am starting to hear more and more about bad faith offers from sellers and buyers alike, though.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Chance i have the exact same rifle
                            Bergara? I need to get this one posted back up for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Ya that’s no good.

I kind of did the reverse...I spoke for a rifle on here that a friend of mine said he wanted. Seller said it was mine even though we hadn’t worked out payment yet, and he closed the thread. Before I sent payment, my friend backed out. Now I own a very nice rifle that I didn’t want.
                              So what did you buy, that you don't want?

Comment

Wish I did have his member name, but he texted me, no PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X