Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful lake

Comment

That is a beautiful area Heath, I think you and Karla would really enjoy the golf, and you should be able to get into some good fly fishing up the St Joe.

Current fly fishing reports and conditions for St. Joe River in ID! Get the latest up to date fly fishing report for Primarily Westslope Cutthroat Trout fishing in St. Joe River with the top producing flies and recommended equipment to get you into fish. Find out where the action is, what the water conditions are and everything you need for a successful day on the water!

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Awesome info guys. Looks like we should keep it on the list.

I assume we can find some good fly fishing in the area? Any recommendations on guides or areas to fish. We do not mind driving a bit to find good spots either.
        From Coeur d'Alene you are not that far from the Clark Fork River there at St Regis. I would look at contacting some fly fishing outfitters in Missoula and talking to them about your best options. Lots of great fly fishing around all of that area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody been to Coeur D'Alene, ID?

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          Thanks folks! I did move here last year, love talking about it.

Our mountains are not like the Tetons, with high jagged peaks and wide open parks. CDA is more heavily forested with lower, but still steep mountains almost completely covered in timber. What makes our area unique is all the large natural lakes set right into the mountains. Literally dozens of beautiful glacial lakes within 50 miles but the largest are CDA, Hayden, Pend O' Reille, Spirit, and Priest.

When are you planning your trip? The largest theme park in the PNW is here, thousands of miles of NF trails, literally all public land from here to Missoula except down near the highway. All the boating you could ask for. Good food, nice folks. The resort area in CDA is [emoji108]. I have seen a few golf courses around that look pretty but i dont golf so no experience there. I have never been to the buck knife factory but sounds neat.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Looking sometime in June / July, probably last week of June.

Looking forward to to picking your brain as we get closer. I assume Spokane is a cool enough city to spend a few days.

Comment

Looking sometime in June / July, probably last week of June.

Looking forward to to picking your brain as we get closer. I assume Spokane is a cool enough city to spend a few days.
            Sounds good! That will be a fun time to visit. We haven't spent a lot of time in Spokane yet. Lots of restaurants we want to try over there but being in WA they still have crazy restrictions and we havent bothered. If you are flying, Spokane is the nearest major airport. The drive up has some pretty scenery, and neat things to stop and do but it is a LONG drive. If you think of something I might know, just ask!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

One of the most scenic places I have ever been was there and the road south thru the state. Unbelievable

Comment

I spent 4.5 weeks in the area back in 2008 while hunting moose, elk, deer, bear & mountain lion.

Plenty to see and do for the outdoorsman.

Comment

I went there once for work. It was crazy beautiful country.

Comment

I visited about 30 years ago. The lake is beautiful.

Comment

Got a buddy who went to Jackson Hole before Christmas. Said it's gorgeous, but covered with rich folk from california. From what he told me, you lucked out. Enjoy Idaho!

Comment

We leave early Saturday morning for Coeur d’Alene. Fly Fishing the Spokane River and St. Joe River. Playing golf at the CDA Resort course and Circling Raven course. We are doing a Lake Dinner cruise to check out the lake.

We have an open day that we might head to Sandpoint or find another course to play.

Weather looks fantastic.

Comment

Last week of June is an Ironman Triathlon. Not sure how that will affect things, but there will be an extra ~2500 folks running and riding around in lycra.

Comment

We leave early Saturday morning for Coeur d’Alene. Fly Fishing the Spokane River and St. Joe River. Playing golf at the CDA Resort course and Circling Raven course. We are doing a Lake Dinner cruise to check out the lake.

We have an open day that we might head to Sandpoint or find another course to play.

Weather looks fantastic.
                            Y'all be safe and have fun Heath!

Comment

Jackson Hole is very nice, but Coeur D'Alene will have much more to do and every bit as beautiful, if not more so.

Comment

Weather looks fantastic.
                                Pics or it didn’t happen!! . Bears? Are there bears?

Comment

Working...
                                X