Selling Eggs How Much $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Man in my neck of the woods I can’t hardly give the eggs away.
    here as well. We just give them away at work

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
    The farmers market in Houston,
    $7/dozen
    That guy is buying them for 3-4 and turnin his profit. But prolly best way to get rid of them really. Find a contact and sell 10dz at a time

Comment

avg $3 a dozen around here

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Might be a dumb question, how long will they remain edible if unwashed/unrefrigerated?
        A hen will lay for up to 14 days till the clutch is full and then start setting on those eggs and incubate them for 21 days. 4 weeks is easily with in she safe limits.

Comment

I give mine away too. I have 16 hens so I can get overrun pretty quick. Iv kept eggs well over a month on the counter and ate them no problems.

Comment

We were getting them unwashed for $3 a dozen. No help on how long they're good as we eat them pretty quick, but I'd bet we've eaten some that were 2-3 weeks old with no issue.

Comment

Check your local Craigslist and see what people are listing them for.

Comment

$3-4 around Paris

Comment

$1.50 dozen here in Beeville. We get 2 dozen every other week & all he asks is that he gets the cartons back we he delivers the next order.

Comment

I am in Round Rock, and they go for 3-4 dollars a dozen. Most of the folks around me that raise them have all of the eggs already sold so they are taking new customers.

Comment

I sell unwashed for $2/dz provided I get a holder back. More if you want to keep the case. Price varies by person as some pay me $4-5 just because they pay that at store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We sell ours for $2.50/dz. But with 50+ hens we get overrun, last week we donated 50 dozen to a local senior citizen center.

Comment

We have found that even at 4$ a dozen it's hard to sell eggs on a consistent basis. We have a mixed flock of rare breeds which gives a lot of different colors. Even then people seem to want free eggs as opposed to buying them. I know farmers markets can get up to 7$ a dozen..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter & her family sell their eggs for $2.25 a dozen. They never have any left over. We will donate some feed to the cause on occasion.

Loves me some farm eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'd pay $4/doz and unwashed, unrefrigerated is fine with me.

Comment

The challenge isn't demand. It's uneducated buyers. If everyone understood that an unwashed egg can sit on the counter for 3 weeks and still be viable, it would help a lot. Further, knowing the collection date and knowing that it is honest, is key.

I think the average person thinks that if they aren't refrigerated right away, they willl get food poisoning so they go to the store instead.

If you advertise... address the concerns in your ad. "Did you know that freshly laid eggs...". Organic raised... Free range... and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X