Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

????

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
    You didn't answer my question...you deflected it with another question that had nothing to do with what I asked...or maybe I wasn't clear or misunderstood you...

Q: WHY should I, via being taxed at a higher rate (I'll assume), be responsible to pay for someone's "free college"?

IMO, all you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
    Correct, Paul might be better off with his "free college", but its at the expense of Peter's wallet. (You honestly think Peter likes that?)

I might sound like an azz, but I work to provide for MY FAMILY, not YOUR'S...
    IMO, if you want a college education & can't afford it, take out a school loan....
    I should NOT be responsible for keeping YOU debt free...

Q: Why not allow each tax payer to decide for themselves if they want to contribute to "free college" or not?

They can simple indicate in a box on their return if they want to be taxed higher to pay for said free program. Why force those not wanting to pay, to pay against their will? I mean, if its such a great idea, why would you worry about giving people the option; should be 90-100% enrollment, right?

I might be mistaken, but are we not already doing that now? (funding cancer research)

And I might be mistaken, but aren't those same researchers already college educated....but without the "free college" proposed?

Plus, are you saying that "free college" will make college graduates some how more intelligent than today's students?

I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to use that "free college" money for better cancer research, equipment, staff & technology?

Q: How exactly is "free college" going to cure cancer?

Comment

Soooooo.....an ENTIRE country of PhD level citizenry.....ok, I go t a question:

Q: Who will work at Mc Donald's, for minimum wage, with a PhD?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        This is absolutely spot on. Can’t affird college? Get a loan or work two jobs like I did and pay for it yourself.

These big government proponents just don’t get it. Why should my tax dollars pay to put anyone through college ?
        What’s your hard earned college degree with when everyone has one?
        Answer: about what your high school diploma is worth.

Don’t get me wrong - by no means is a college degree necessary to be very successful.

Those loans you got were subsidized by taxpayers.
        So you didn't do it 100% without govt help
        Did you go to a private school or state school?
        That state school you went to is open and operating because of taxpayer dollars.

Comment

You didn't answer my question...you deflected it with another question that had nothing

Q: WHY should I, via being taxed at a higher rate (I'll assume), be responsible to pay for someone's "free college"?

IMO, all you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
          Correct, Paul might be better off with his "free college", but its at the expense of Peter's wallet. (You honestly think Peter likes that?)

I might sound like an azz, but I work to provide for MY FAMILY, not YOUR'S...
          IMO, if you want a college education & can't afford it, take out a school loan....
          I should NOT be responsible for keeping YOU debt free...

Q: Why not allow each tax payer to decide for themselves if they want to contribute to "free college" or not?

They can simple indicate in a box on their return if they want to be taxed higher to pay for said free program. Why force those not wanting to pay, to pay against their will? I mean, if its such a great idea, why would you worry about giving people the option; should be 90-100% enrollment, right?

I might be mistaken, but are we not already doing that now? (funding cancer research)

And I might be mistaken, but aren't those same researchers already college educated....but without the "free college" proposed?

Plus, are you saying that "free college" will make college graduates some how more intelligent than today's students?

I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to use that "free college" money for better cancer research, equipment, staff & technology?

1. I answered your question

2. You're already paying for everyone's college education that's how UT and TamU doors are open.

Tax dollars pay for that school and even more tax dollars help subsidize student loans so they can pay tuition.

I'll leave it alone but if y'all don't think having the most educated citizens ON A WHOLE in the world in our country then you have not studied the mindsets of the founding fathers.

Let me go back to mixing pea gravel in this mineral lick.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            That state school you went to is open and operating because of taxpayer dollars.

Comment

So conservatives should stop going to college because leftist professors are brainwashing conservative students in Microbiology classes.

How backwards can you be to not want your entire citizenry to be as educated (even at PhD level) as possible?

This is bizzaro world to me.
              An entire internet forum filled with folks who shun formalized education. Just really strange.
              I take it very few here have love for the arts.
              I guess if you're not discussing mixing kool-aid and jello with your pea gravel then most aren't interested.

There is a stereotype that conservatives are dumb bubbas and that they shun education and all they want to do is cling to their guns and ask "age & score".

I fail to understand why so many refuse to have has an educated citizenry as possible even if the entire country pays for it.

Dumb Americans.
              Why should it be our responsibility to pay even higher taxes in order for us to pay for your college?
              So if you don’t become a doctor who changes the world, but instead still flips burgers with our degree, do we get a refund ?

What this “entire Internet forum is full of” is constitutional conservatives who believe in limited government and despise the bs overreach that you advocate for.

You should consider finding another Internet forum of like minded individuals as yourself. You wouldn’t have to listen to the drivel of we gun clinging, bible toting Bubbas.

Comment

What is the point of this link?
                It's a fake quote attributed to Jefferson & has repeatedly been debunked by scholors.
                Sir, the website in your link even claims the quote was not made by Jefferson.
                So again, what was the point of linking to a fake quote, if not just for posturing?

Plus, you have to please stop hand picking quotes/statements to support your narratives...

An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people.
                What Jefferson ACTUALLY said was:
                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
                "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson
                "The mass of our citizens may be divided into two classes -- the laboring and the learned. The laboring will need the first grade of education to qualify them for their pursuits and duties; the learned will need it as a foundation for further acquirements." --Thomas Jefferson
                "I do most anxiously wish to see the highest degrees of education given to the higher degrees of genius and to all degrees of it, so much as may enable them to read and understand what is going on in the world and to keep their part of it going on right; for nothing can keep it right but their own vigilant and distrustful superintendence." --Thomas Jefferson
                What Jefferson was discussing, was EVERY citizen should be "educated" against TYRANNY; ie King George & the like...
                NOT that every citizen should be educated with "free college"....

In short, the very man you are misquoting, is 100% against what you are attempting to promote....

Comment

Reading comprehension. I worked two jobs and put myself through college. It’s doable, you just have to want it bad enough.
                  You keep making correlations that are ridiculous. I have no issue with my taxpayer dollars helping to maintain and operate state schools. Those who want to go to state schools can do it the way I did. INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTABILITY and INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY. These notions are lost in today’s society due to people who think like you.

Comment

Reading comprehension. I worked two jobs and put myself through college. It’s doable, you just have to want it bad enough.
                    You keep making correlations that are ridiculous. I have no issue with my taxpayer dollars helping to maintain and operate state schools. Those who want to go to state schools can do it the way I did. INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTABILITY and INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY. These notions are lost in today’s society due to people who think like you.
                    What years did you work to put yourself through college?

And I already told you that MY PARENTS tax dollars subsidized your college education.
                    That state school you went to was funded by my parents tax dollars.
                    And if you took out student loans, those too were funded by my parent's tax money.

You think you're special and did it all on your own when my parent's money helped you get through college.
                    The govt helped you get through college.

Comment

You should consider finding another Internet forum of like minded individuals as yourself. You wouldn’t have to listen to the drivel of we gun clinging, bible toting Bubbas.

Thats the problem
                      Those that want education and healthcare for all are vegan and are PETA members.
                      This gun tottin animal killing group don't want folks to have more than an 8th grade education and think Obama is a Muslim and the leader of ISIS so I have to jump between groups.

I try to educate those peta folks that not all hunting is barbaric and bad (hunting giraffes in 40 acre HF ranchettes in Midlothian) and not all guns are M16 killing machines

Comment

1. I answered your question

2. You're already paying for everyone's college education that's how UT and TamU doors are open.

Tax dollars pay for that school and even more tax dollars help subsidize student loans so they can pay tuition.

I'll leave it alone but if y'all don't think having the most educated citizens ON A WHOLE in the world in our country then you have not studied the mindsets of the founding fathers.

Let me go back to mixing pea gravel in this mineral lick.
                        ummmm, no sir...you deflected again & didn't answer anything I asked...
                        Sorry, let me help you - just reply with in:

Q: If, as you stated above, I am already paying for everyone's education, then how is it possible there are students still paying tuition? Am I already paying for it or not?

Q: Since you were already incorrect about Jefferson, I have to ask you, specifically which founding father supported "free college"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Because private industry does pretty much everything more efficient and cheaper.
                          While private industry does do everything more efficiently, and more cost effective, they dont necessarily always pass that savings along to the Govt.

Comment

What years did you work to put yourself through college?

And I already told you that MY PARENTS tax dollars subsidized your college education.
                            That state school you went to was funded by my parents tax dollars.
                            And if you took out student loans, those too were funded by my parent's tax money.

You think you're special and did it all on your own when my parent's money helped you get through college.
                            The govt helped you get through college.
                            I’m starting me to understand why you’re the TBH ingnore list record holder.
                            Nobody helped put me THROUGH college. Special? No. Proud to do it on my on? You **** right.

Just because “your parents” tax dollars help the SCHOOL does not mean they put ME through college.

You are some kind of special.

Comment

Thats the problem
                              Those that want education and healthcare for all are vegan and are PETA members.
                              This gun tottin animal killing group don't want folks to have more than an 8th grade education and think Obama is a Muslim and the leader of ISIS so I have to jump between groups.

I try to educate those peta folks that not all hunting is barbaric and bad (hunting giraffes in 40 acre HF ranchettes in Midlothian) and not all guns are M16 killing machines

ummmmmm......serious question based on your post history on TBH:

Q: Do you hunt?

If you are defending "hunting" with the same logic/debate you defend you liberal beliefs...then PLEASE stop defending hunting!
                              Because I'm guessing you are doing way more harm than good....

Comment

Just so we are clear, you think the problem with our education system is, there isnt enough stuff for free?

I noticed that you used the term "citizens". Wasnt sure if this was one of your there, their, they're slipups again. But I am sure you know that being a citizen isnt a requirement to receive a free education, and a free lunch while you get that free education.

Comment

Working...
                                X