Van Dyke verdict - Guilty or innocent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Dyke verdict - Guilty or innocent?

I haven't seen this discussed. Should he serve jail time?

Verdict should come soon I think.

No idea as I really haven’t followed ... but will say Chicago should probably brace for riots if found innocent

Comment

Thats a total **** show. I wasn't there and I don't know if Van Dyke was in fear for his life. I don't think he went there with the intent to kill the guy.

The real criminals are the three officers who attempted to claim that Van Dyke was physically assaulted by the suspect prior to him being shot. Over and over again they persisted with the exact same fabricated story. They didn't realize that nearby businesses had surveillance cameras. When confronted with the video, two of them admitted that their official reports were complete bull **** and that the victim never assaulted, threatened or attempted to confront the officers. Those three pieces of **** should get whatever is coming their way. Some people are so dishonest they lie even when the truth is a better option.

Comment

Can you blame LEO's for making crap up? Before you blurt out yes..And say they should never lie or always be 100% honest be sure you think back to how they are treated with public opinion. Think about how many cases there are of IMO 100% justified shootings and the LEO is crucified.

Year after year the trend becomes worse for LEO's yet nothing or no one steps in to ease the trend. All I'm saying is it's way past the point where risk/reward favors LEO to make stuff up after they get in an altercation with a black person.

And you dang well know I'm not talking about the very few really bad LEO that are out there...Not trying to justify them in any way.

Comment

I've seen some stupid posts on this forum over the years. But There is one on this thread that may be #1.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            I've seen some stupid posts on this forum over the years. But There is one on this thread that may be #1.
            I'll agree with that. Truth is, it just beat out his previous #1's.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Can you blame LEO's for making crap up? Before you blurt out yes..And say they should never lie or always be 100% honest be sure you think back to how they are treated with public opinion. Think about how many cases there are of IMO 100% justified shootings and the LEO is crucified.

Year after year the trend becomes worse for LEO's yet nothing or no one steps in to ease the trend. All I'm saying is it's way past the point where risk/reward favors LEO to make stuff up after they get in an altercation with a black person.

And you dang well know I'm not talking about the very few really bad LEO that are out there...Not trying to justify them in any way.
              Yes ... if for nothing else but from self interest perspective. Once caught in a lie their credibility is gone which will impact future cases they are involved in ... every defense lawyer will simply bring this case over and over whenever those three ever! testify.

Comment

Yes. I expect people to be honest. I know a bunch of cops and none of them would ever consider fabricating a story like this.

If it were the other way around, dead LEO and 3 living civilians would you be OK with the living civilians getting together and fabricating a story about how the officer was out of control and one of them shot him in self defense?

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                  Yes ... if for nothing else but from self interest perspective. Once caught in a lie their credibility is gone which will impact future cases they are involved in ... every defense lawyer will simply bring this case over and over whenever those three ever! testify.
                  How far up the totem pole you willing to go, in liberal Chicago politics? Mayor Emanuel suppressed the release of the tape to help his reelection. He is as crooked as they come, but wont suffer and kind of legal wrath for his mishandling of this tragic event.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    How far up the totem pole you willing to go, in liberal Chicago politics? Mayor Emanuel suppressed the release of the tape to help his reelection. He is as crooked as they come, but wont suffer and kind of legal wrath for his mishandling of this tragic event.
                    If I’m understanding your question correctly, all the way. I especially hate higher up officials lying/dishonest behavior no matter the political clothe they’re cut from ... maybe because the higher they are the more power/influence they have.

Comment

Yes, I absolutely can blame the LEO's for making crap up.

Comment

I think yes. Lets see, 16 rounds fired into an individual who had already been disabled and on the ground, after the 2nd or 3rd round. If your that scared and fearful, then that line of work is not for you. Not against LE, as I have friends and family members who are or were L.E.O. Bottom line is there are some individuals who work as police officers who shouldh't be police officers. Police departments need to weed out the bad cops. The impression I get is that many are trigger happy and think they can just shoot and use the, I feared for my life, excuse and get away with killing someone.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                          I think yes. Lets see, 16 rounds fired into an individual who had already been disabled and on the ground, after the 2nd or 3rd round. If your that scared and fearful, then that line of work is not for you. Not against LE, as I have friends and family members who are or were L.E.O. Bottom line is there are some individuals who work as police officers who shouldh't be police officers. Police departments need to weed out the bad cops. The impression I get is that many are trigger happy and think they can just shoot and use the, I feared for my life, excuse and get away with killing someone.
                          I dont agree that many are trigger happy ...

Comment

Verdict

Comment

Guilty on 2nd degree murder.

Sounds like they found him guilty on each of the 16 counts of aggravated battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X