• Show
Clear All

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Lol

Thats a funny list. One could argue Patterson is #1. But he is definitely #2

Comment

Lol

Is this by winning percentage? If so, it seems pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Sure. Using the moving goal post dates you picked....

A&M is 1-5 vs teams that won a National Title that season

Texas is 0-1 vs teams that won a National Title that season

In common opponents in those years, (2019) LSU beat Texas 45-38 at the buzzer and LSU "smashed" A&M 50-7.

You will always have that regular season win over Bama to hang your Johnny Manizel hat on.
          Speaking of Manziel... The Ags smashed OU in the Cotton Bowl the year Dodds was going to duck the ags (told cotton bowl committee member that tu will not play ags) but the horns lost the last game of year bringing them out of the bowl conversation anyway. How bad did the Sooners beat Texas that year?

Comment

Preseason all 12 team, the media adores this cyclones squad.

A lot of their returners are 5th and 6th year Covid guys is the reason. It's like playing BYU's team of 25 year olds with better athletes. Could be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Welcome Newbie....I see you will fit right in here cutting your teeth regurgitating stuff that has been discussed here ad nauseam trying to set us all straight. You realize that we have been hashing this **** out for 15 plus years right?

Hell if we played 2-3 D-2 teams a year, Texas would have a similar record even in its worst stretch on record.. Pretty sure the talk last year before season and before you appearing, was that if A&M was going to win something that the schedule was lined up for the taking last year... ....congratulations on taking advantage of it and getting your 4th place trophy for the "Hall of Champions". Glad to see A&M win yall "something" in a down SEC year...
              The talk you are referring to was before covid struck and the schedule got out of whack. Once that happened, the schedule got more difficult and Bama was played second game of the year versus at the end of the year. The Ags added Florida and Tennessee to the schedule. We didn't find our identity until midway of the Florida game.

Funny how an all SEC schedule become a 'down' year because of win loss records. Too bad the SEC didn't play some cream puff Sun Belt conference teams... Doh, that is right the Big 12 went 0-3??

Look texas based on recruiting rankings you swear are legit and not skewed then 'Sark after Dark' should be undefeated or only have one loss to OU. Every team on the schedule they have more talent than according to the rankings. However, I don't seem to get that confidence from the fans on here.

Comment

That game makes me very nervous. I saw Vegas had it at a 12-14 point line and I am ready to put everything I have on the Ragin Cajuns to cover that. Napier is a hell of a ball coach and Texas will come out of the gate for the 1st time under Sark.

Stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                  The talk you are referring to was before covid struck and the schedule got out of whack. Once that happened, the schedule got more difficult and Bama was played second game of the year versus at the end of the year. The Ags added Florida and Tennessee to the schedule. We didn't find our identity until midway of the Florida game.

Funny how an all SEC schedule become a 'down' year because of win loss records. Too bad the SEC didn't play some cream puff Sun Belt conference teams... Doh, that is right the Big 12 went 0-3??

Look texas based on recruiting rankings you swear are legit and not skewed then 'Sark after Dark' should be undefeated or only have one loss to OU. Every team on the schedule they have more talent than according to the rankings. However, I don't seem to get that confidence from the fans on here.
                  We are cautiously optimistic… with a new set of coaches and a new QB. With a new QB you talk like the SEC is yours to lose…. Welcome back to the 4 cream puffs ….[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I'm looking forward to Sept 11th, WPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                      Stop it.

They are a Top 25 ball club returning a lot of their team from a 10-1 season. They knocked off Iowa State in the first game of the season last year. They have a **** good ball coach. They are getting their shot at the University of Texas, so you know Texas will get their best effort.

Texas is breaking in a new coaching staff, systems, and QB. The Maryland season openers still haunt my dreams. Until I see some product on the field from Texas, I have no idea what this season or team will look like. I have big expectations, but until I see some results I am holding off on beating the drum.

Yes, I understand the University of Texas should have no problem beating Louisiana; however, I also am realistic with all the factors at play. So Yes, I should have some doubt going into the game.

Comment

Heather Dinich pimp slapping the SEC East with that Finebaum character.

“The SEC East is one of the weakest divisions in college football,” Dinich said via Finebaum’s tweet. “She says Big 12 has better chance of getting 2 in CFP (OU and ISU) than SEC. Also, she says Florida is NOT in her preseason Top 25.”

[emoji23]

Comment

So how would the Big 12 get two in? They would have to split both games. Both teams have 1 loss? By they I mean OU, Iowa State or Texas.....or TCU.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            So how would the Big 12 get two in? They would have to split both games. Both teams have 1 loss? By they I mean OU, Iowa State or Texas.....or TCU.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Nope. Undefeated and close one loss team in conference championship.

Comment

They are a Top 25 ball club returning a lot of their team from a 10-1 season. They knocked off Iowa State in the first game of the season last year. They have a **** good ball coach. They are getting their shot at the University of Texas, so you know Texas will get their best effort.

Texas is breaking in a new coaching staff, systems, and QB. The Maryland season openers still haunt my dreams. Until I see some product on the field from Texas, I have no idea what this season or team will look like. I have big expectations, but until I see some results I am holding off on beating the drum.

Yes, I understand the University of Texas should have no problem beating Louisiana; however, I also am realistic with all the factors at play. So Yes, I should have some doubt going into the game.
                              I don't know Billy personally but I feel he is at his ceiling. Not wishing any ill will against the guy but this is his niche IMO. He could certainly prove me wrong.

Comment

Texas will be bigger, faster, stronger, at home. I get shying away from the points but Texas wins this by 2 TDs easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X