This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Billy I don’t know what to think of Texas. More is going on there than just new coaches. I think the culture of UT and Austin has changed so much it’s just different. Also most first year head coaches struggle
    Something changed. The athletic program just knocked Stanford off it's 20 year perch atop the Directors Cup standing. Del Conte appears to be starting a DeLoss Dodds type run. His coaching hires have all been stellar so far. Hopefully Sark will be the same. The talent is there. I'm not saying they will win the Big 12 and make the playoff. I'm just saying a definate 5th place finish in the conference without even "playing for" a higher spot is not going to be the case.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see some smack talk on this thread but it isn't BoB. Lol.

Comment

What else is there to do on day 20 of an Amazonian rain event in Houston?

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
          You might want to check the stats. Since 2010 UT has a record of 75-61. Aggies have a record of 92-47.... Quite a large difference! Since 2010 Aggies have played in the same division, in the same conference, as the national champion 4 times. Aggies have been ranked top 5 twice 2012 ranked 5th and 2020 ranjed 4th. Longhorns ranked 9th in 2018. I know it's easy to hate on the guy moving up when your in the gutter but it some point you have to realize there's a reason why your program is irrelevant! May have something to do with athletes not liking hippy liberals or homeless bums on campus!! I don't know why it is the way it is but stats don't lie...
          Now do records vs Power 5 teams only.

And you are talking about the worst decade in the history of the program too and comparing.
          Last edited by Heath; 07-09-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
            Now do records vs Power 5 teams only.

And you are talking about the word decade in the history of the program too and comparing.
            Now do against teams that won the national championship.[emoji51]

Comment

What else is there to do on day 20 of an Amazonian rain event in Houston?
              Correct. Doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                horn would have been here crowing had they lost to a team missing 4 or 5 starters….sooo.

Didn’t they? Wasn’t Colorado missing starters just like Texas was missing starters. [emoji23]

And then there was UGA in the Sugar, they were missing a couple dudes. Lol

I just hope Sark has an answer to the disaster
                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Chad C; 07-09-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Now do against teams that won the national championship.[emoji51]
                  Sure. Using the moving goal post dates you picked....

A&M is 1-5 vs teams that won a National Title that season

Texas is 0-1 vs teams that won a National Title that season

In common opponents in those years, (2019) LSU beat Texas 45-38 at the buzzer and LSU "smashed" A&M 50-7.

You will always have that regular season win over Bama to hang your Johnny Manizel hat on.

Comment

Preseason all 12 team, the media adores this cyclones squad.

Comment

Makes me a little nervous only two Texas guys are on the list. I think the media has it picked correctly with OU - ISU - Texas finishing 1-2-3.

I do like the Texas players barking at ISU "5 Star Culture" T-shirts. Hopefully they can back up that bark with their play on the field vs ISU this year.

Comment

In common opponents in those years, (2019) LSU beat Texas 45-38 at the buzzer and LSU "smashed" A&M 50-7.

You will always have that regular season win over Bama to hang your Johnny Manizel hat on.
                        You started moving goal posts... You tried to use power 5 so I said why not just the top school in the country.... Why top 5? Why not too 10 or top 1? There is a trend and I'm sorry you T-sips want to ride the books of history to your programs grave! Aggies were irrelevant until we did something about it.. Kind of like that kid that use to get beat up in middle school before he hit puberty... Then he hit puberty went to high scholl started working out. Now every time the bully sees him he reminds him of how he use to kick his a** back in middle school before he grew up... There's a term for people who remember the good ol days because they aren't as good as they use to be.....

Comment

Comment

One more thing, you'll always have that national championship win to hang your vince young hat on....

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Mizzou has won the East twice since growing hair on their nuts.

Comment

You started moving goal posts... You tried to use power 5 so I said why not just the top school in the country.... Why top 5? Why not too 10 or top 1? There is a trend and I'm sorry you T-sips want to ride the books of history to your programs grave! Aggies were irrelevant until we did something about it.. Kind of like that kid that use to get beat up in middle school before he hit puberty... Then he hit puberty went to high scholl started working out. Now every time the bully sees him he reminds him of how he use to kick his a** back in middle school before he grew up... There's a term for people who remember the good ol days because they aren't as good as they use to be.....
                                The reason the goal post were moved with Power 5 is that is a closer judge if you want to brag about W/L's. You add in all those lower level ball games and your stats get skewed if you wanted to compare.

Comment

Working...
                                X