No announcement yet.

Chester this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"THANK YOU" Mr. Decker, Family and Volunteers for the 30+ years of Traditional shooting fun. This shoot will be sorely missed in Chester but there is hope the new crew will keep the shoot alive and well. Another THANK YOU to Bob Sarrels for donating his great bows for the raffle and allowing Bill to have the single winning ticket for a 2nd bow give-a-way. That was something special and I (for one) appreciate your generosity. God bless you all.

Doug Key

Comment

I to, want to thank Bill and all of the volunteers for all the years of hard work and dedication! This is always one of my favorite shoots of the year and it will be sorely missed. Hopefully whoever picks it up can keep theis great tradition alive!!

Comment

Glad I was able to finally make it down to this shoot to see what it was all about. Great courses and ran very well ran. I can definitely see why this became one of the staple trad shoots in Texas for so many years. Hats off to Bill and to all others involved and hope the shoot continues to flourish in its new location.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
          Glad I was able to finally make it down to this shoot to see what it was all about. Great courses and ran very well ran. I can definitely see why this became one of the staple trad shoots in Texas for so many years. Hats off to Bill and to all others involved and hope the shoot continues to flourish in its new location.
          First I've heard of a "new location". Where is this going to be ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
            First I've heard of a "new location". Where is this going to be ?
            Valkyrie Ranch in McDade

Comment

Originally posted by robert garcia View Post
              Valkyrie Ranch in McDade
              Swwweeeeet!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Same dates ?

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                  Same dates ?
                  Yes

Comment

From Valkyrie Ranch facebook page:
                    It’s now official, we will be taking over and hosting the annual Stick Bow Round Up. We, along with the entire archery community, want to thank Bill Decker for his hard work in creating and running that match for the last 32 years! It is indeed an honor, and one heck of a commitment, to continue this hallmark Traditional Archery competition.

We will keep the same format; a two-day match using traditional equipment and classes, a venue for vendors, auctions and raffles to raise funds for cancer research, and we plan to add so much more.

Please like and follow our page for updates. We will keep the match during the timeframe, that being between the Louisiana and Texas state championship matches. While we realize our location is 200 miles west of the historic venue, we hope that our convenient location to Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio benefits the community.

We will miss our annual visit to camp Ta-Ku-La and it’s natural beauty, but we will continue to provide a portion of the entry fees to support their mission.

Over the next few weeks we will be sending email with initial information. Thank you all so much for your support, and we look forward to seeing you at the 33rd annual Stick Bow Round Up in 2020!

Comment

That’s awesome news!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s closer for me good news.

Comment

Now there are no tourney's in East Tx. Hill Ctry Shootout, Now Austin area, some in Dallas...Sure wish they could have kept it in East Tx for a good mix. I'm sure its a nice ranch, but still like a variety of venues. Too many in central TX area. Good for yall now you have another one close by where you live.

Comment

Working...
                          X