Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
    What did you get?

Hoping to see the 1st short action come through!!
    I got a Tier 1, .300WM

Comment

Pretty sure a few 6.5prc already came through iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
        did you order a tier 1 or teir 2 6.5prc?
        All tier 1

Comment

Is that a Tier 1 I see on igram? Already getting some serious rifle envy.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            I feel confident you will win the bet.
            Glad to hear it, thanks again for the awesome opportunity!

Comment

Do we have any updates on the short Tier 1s?

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                Well, I am getting closer to having everything for this rifle. All I am lacking is rings (and the rifle!), but I may wait until delivery, so that I can measure which rings give me the best fit.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but we are seeing an issue with the most recent lot of this ammo. I have said on here before that the 147 ELD Factory stuff was some of the most consistently accurate stuff I've seen come out of a cardboard box.......and it was. But, we have had a few customers having accuracy issues with the 6.5 PRC recently, which is VERY unusual. I took one of the rifles in question to the range yesterday and it shot a 1 1/2" group....not anywhere close to the 1/4" to 1/2" we are used to seeing with this stuff! Came back to the shop, sorted through and found the 5 straightest rounds and went back today and shot a 5 shot group right at 1/2" in fairly crappy conditions. That's more like it.

This seems to only be affecting the most recent lot(#3191123). We called Hornady and will be shipping all of our stock back for them to inspect/replace. Not trying to scare anyone away or cause a panic, just wanted to make folks aware. We have a ton of 6.5PRCs shipping out over the next couple months and there is a good chance some of you guys will buy or have already bought some of this ammo. Hate to see someone chasing accuracy issues and getting frustrated.

I'm not posting this to call out Hornady, as I have no doubt they will fix the issue and make it right. It may not even be that widespread within the lot. I also wouldn't call Hornady just because you have some, unless you have actually measured it and found an issue. I just want folks to be aware of a potential issue, and maybe save a little frustration when they receive their new rifle. See attached video for an example of the issue.

Thanks,
                Robert

Don't know why TXSurveyors pic did not come across with the post I quoted?
                Last edited by Stick1; 05-17-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but we are seeing an issue with the most recent lot of this ammo. I have said on here before that the 147 ELD Factory stuff was some of the most consistently accurate stuff I've seen come out of a cardboard box.......and it was. But, we have had a few customers having accuracy issues with the 6.5 PRC recently, which is VERY unusual. I took one of the rifles in question to the range yesterday and it shot a 1 1/2" group....not anywhere close to the 1/4" to 1/2" we are used to seeing with this stuff! Came back to the shop, sorted through and found the 5 straightest rounds and went back today and shot a 5 shot group right at 1/2" in fairly crappy conditions. That's more like it.

This seems to only be affecting the most recent lot(#3191123). We called Hornady and will be shipping all of our stock back for them to inspect/replace. Not trying to scare anyone away or cause a panic, just wanted to make folks aware. We have a ton of 6.5PRCs shipping out over the next couple months and there is a good chance some of you guys will buy or have already bought some of this ammo. Hate to see someone chasing accuracy issues and getting frustrated.

I'm not posting this to call out Hornady, as I have no doubt they will fix the issue and make it right. It may not even be that widespread within the lot. I also wouldn't call Hornady just because you have some, unless you have actually measured it and found an issue. I just want folks to be aware of a potential issue, and maybe save a little frustration when they receive their new rifle. See attached video for an example of the issue.

Thanks,
                  Robert

Dang. I’ll have to check the ammo I bought recently. Y’all seeing any issues with eld-x Hornady Precision Hunter?

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                    Is that a Tier 1 I see on igram? Already getting some serious rifle envy.

It is!

Comment

This waiting is pure torture. I have a lonely scope and boxes of bullets just waiting for my 6.5 PRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks,
                        Robert

Thanks for the info sir, I had cooper creek load 5 different rounds for a load test for 6.5PRC

Comment

It's crazy how you could see how bad the run out was in the video. That looks terrible

Comment

cant wait to see hornady's response, could have had a broken seater stem but QC should have caught it
                            Last edited by Buzzsaw; 05-17-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Do we throw our the non-centric bullets? Or shoot and reload?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                                Do we throw our the non-centric bullets? Or shoot and reload?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                There are some tools that allow you to correct/lessen it.
                                http://www.trutool-equipment.com/instructions.html

Comment

Working...
                                X