Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the details. I wasnt given that over the phone, just that it was already coated. Thank yall again for the opportunity at a great deal !!

Comment

Thanks for all the info! And giving everyone such a great deal! I don't own anything from you yet but plan on getting in on this! Pretty set on a 300wm in tier 1 but also would like to get something a little smaller for the girlfriend and range time for me. Thinking 7mm-08 but everyone talking 6.5prc has me torn. Tier 1 as well. Then deciding on colors... decisions decisions.

Comment

I've also ordered tier 1 in 300wm. 26" bbl. was planning on 28" but for the difference in velocity it wasn't worth the extra 2" since I will have an ultra 7 on the end. Animal on the other end won't notice the velocity difference. Should be enough for anything in North America at the distances I'm comfortable shooting

Comment

[QUOTE=Stick1;13964860]To match carbon fiber?[/QUOTE

thanks for the info.
          Last edited by RF76; 01-31-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
            I've also ordered tier 1 in 300wm. 26" bbl. was planning on 28" but for the difference in velocity it wasn't worth the extra 2" since I will have an ultra 7 on the end. Animal on the other end won't notice the velocity difference. Should be enough for anything in North America at the distances I'm comfortable shooting
            I was thinking of trying to get the 300wm in 24" but may end up with the 26

Comment

I don't mind a little longer pipe, especially for a magnum. Gives a little more room to burn the extra powder

Comment

I’m going graphite black on both rigs.

Comment

I don't mind a little longer pipe, especially for a magnum. Gives a little more room to burn the extra powder
                  My only reason for the 24 is for packing as it will be a hunting rifle. I hunt some pretty steep and deep stuff chasing elk and muleys. Figured it will be about 26 after the brake.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                    My only reason for the 24 is for packing as it will be a hunting rifle. I hunt some pretty steep and deep stuff chasing elk and muleys. Figured it will be about 26 after the brake.
                    If you reload you might could use a little faster burning powder to make up the velocity difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Add the optional brake and it's no big deal at all. I have shot my buddies Christensen Ridgeline 300wm, and I have the same in 28 Nosler which weighs less than 7 lb and the recoil is not bad at all. To me those long range hammers are what a carbon fiber build is all about. I mean if it's light it's not a great bench gun it's meant to be packed up and down mountains or across rugged deserts where your going to want a long range hammer. If I was doing tier 1 it would be a 300wm, 7 rem mag, 28 Nosler, etc.
                      Even 300 RUM is no problem with a good brake.

My 28 Nosler ultralight by APR weighs under 6 lbs and it’s not excessive pushing 195 grain Bergers with the brake.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        Add the optional brake and it's no big deal at all. I have shot my buddies Christensen Ridgeline 300wm, and I have the same in 28 Nosler which weighs less than 7 lb and the recoil is not bad at all. To me those long range hammers are what a carbon fiber build is all about. I mean if it's light it's not a great bench gun it's meant to be packed up and down mountains or across rugged deserts where your going to want a long range hammer. If I was doing tier 1 it would be a 300wm, 7 rem mag, 28 Nosler, etc.

Thanks for the input. I’m thinking tier 1 in 300WM with the brake for a good all around big game mountain gun.

Comment

If you reload you might could use a little faster burning powder to make up the velocity difference.
                          Decisions.... what twist rate did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                            Decisions.... what twist rate did you go with?
                            Went with a 10 twist. Got it throated for the Berger 215s also. What are you thinking of going with?

Comment

Went with a 10 twist. Got it throated for the Berger 215s also. What are you thinking of going with?
                              I'm torn there as well lol. Was kinda thinking of changing it up and going 9 or 9.4 but the 10 is also a good option. I'm no expert though.. wish I was. Maybe someone on here is and will point me in the right direction.

Comment

For the 7mm-08 guys did you go 1-9 twist or something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X