Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. Carbon desert night, and midnight bronze barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
      the one with the orange shooting bag above is NOT available. Heads up !!!

When did they tell you this? When I talked to them they said they could copy it. If it’s not an exact perfect match I’m ok with it. As long as it’s close.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post

This is the "Carbon" Desert Night version
        Oh I do like that. Any chance we could get that one with some cedar green in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
          Oh I do like that. Any chance we could get that one with some cedar green in it?

Or some wider and more vertical rather than horizontal patterning? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTApache View Post
            Interested in this as well. I ordered a 22” bbl in 7-08 assuming I’d end up with a 24” in the event Proof couldn’t deliver a length not listed on their website.
            Ok, I officially made my order for the 22" for a 280AI. If we can get 3 more people to order a 22" for 7mm we can get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
              Is anyone condidering the orange camo on the tier 1? I cant decide on cerakote color for action or if I go tier 2 what color for action and barrel?

I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the blue last year.

Comment

I wonder how that texture was added to that Mesa stock

Comment

thats the million $ QUESTION

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Yep that's what I was told also when I ordered. Robert did say he would try to copy it but said he could not guarantee it would be exact. Which I totally understand. I really like the carbon Desert Night so I went with it.

This one.

Are you guys ordering the Carbon Desert Night pattern with a more vertical and wider pattern or just as shown in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                        Are you guys ordering the Carbon Desert Night pattern with a more vertical and wider pattern or just as shown in the picture.
                        I just ordered the one from AG composites. It's the one I posted the picture of above. I like the one they do for Mesa better but Robert didn't think he could copy it exactly. I don't want to risk not liking the version they try to come up with. Too bad APR can't paint a stock to show us what there version will look like. I think there are a bunch of us that we're interested.

Robert would it be possible for your painter to paint a stock similar to the Mesa version of the Carbon desert night so we can see what it will look like?
                        Last edited by ColinR; 01-31-2019, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I did the blue last year.

That is a good looking rifle! Makes me lean even more towards the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            I just ordered the one from AG composites. It's the one I posted the picture of above. I like the one they do for Mesa better but Robert didn't think he could copy it exactly. I don't want to risk not liking the version they try to come up with. Too bad APR can't paint a stock to show us what there version will look like. I think there are a bunch of us that we're interested.

Robert would it be possible for your painter to paint a stock similar to the Mesa version of the Carbon desert night so we can see what it will look like?
                            It would be awesome if they can paint one like the Mesa Pattern to see even if is not the exactly the same but with a more vertical pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              Lows will "probably" work, but mediums will for sure.
                              I used Seekins lows on the last build using a Lone Peak Razor action, so rail probably same height. I mounted a VX-5 HD with 56mm objective. I works but scope has to be in 1 position for the power ring to clear, this places the objective where it has maybe 1/32" clearance over barrel. It's the perfect height for me.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                                I used Seekins lows on the last build using a Lone Peak Razor action, so rail probably same height. I mounted a VX-5 HD with 56mm objective. I works but scope has to be in 1 position for the power ring to clear, this places the objective where it has maybe 1/32" clearance over barrel. It's the perfect height for me.
                                How do you like the VX-5? I'm thinking of going with the 3-15x56 on this build.

Comment

Working...
                                X