Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Ever?
    That's my guess. There's a chance Charles could be right in large companies like Macy's going BK but odds are they'd be bailed out.

IMO there's just too much money on the sidelines and no other place to put it. Way too many people looking for any light at the end of the tunnel to get in while stocks are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
      I mean a few weeks ago you had people who thought it was a hoax
      No one ever said it was a Hoax! Stop with the Cnn Chit!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        It's gotten a lot of people to limit their social engagement. I've wondered if that has served a useful purpose, even if I disagree based on the facts we have. Bottom line is it is growing out of control and killing people, whether or not you think the media hype is justified, so we'll see in retrospect whether it was a good thing that we shut things down or not.
        I'm going to go out on a limb and say the media should just tell us the truth, no matter how much "good" they think they are doing us. As far as the growth being out of control. Corona deaths in the US and across the globe both decreased yesterday...from the day prior. They probably won't mention that on the news but I think they should. Not a trend yet but at least it is some good news. They dang sure don't mind giving us the bad news.

United States Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          I'm going to go out on a limb and say the media should just tell us the truth, no matter how much "good" they think they are doing us. As far as the growth being out of control. Corona deaths in the US and across the globe both decreased yesterday...from the day prior. They probably won't mention that on the news but I think they should. Not a trend yet but at least it is some good news. They dang sure don't mind giving us the bad news.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

There isn’t one truth. There are an infinite number of ways to report very fuzzy data.
          A few two-day flattenings or drops have happened already, each followed by a big jump. We’ll see what happens over the next few days.

Comment

There isn’t one truth. There are an infinite number of ways to report very fuzzy data.
            A few two-day flattenings or drops have happened already, each followed by a big jump. We’ll see what happens over the next few days.
            I agree that a one day drop isn't a trend. But it sure doesn't represent the doom and doom 2million+ people are going to die from this. The media didn't mind reporting that before hardly any testing was done. Now lots of testing is being done. At least report the facts and maybe a little good news when we see it come out. That shouldn't be too much to ask of a "free" press.

Comment

I agree that a one day drop isn't a trend. But it sure doesn't represent the doom and doom 2million+ people are going to die from this. The media didn't mind reporting that before hardly any testing was done. Now lots of testing is being done. At least report the facts and maybe a little good news when we see it come out. That shouldn't be too much to ask of a "free" press.
              Doom and gloom sells. Wife and I turned on the TV and 20/20 or some other BS show was having a special on CV... Of course it was 100% doom and gloom. Nearly every story, piece of data, etc that had..I rolled my eyes at.

People didn't believe others when they said this was coming. Now they're so immersed they won't believe it's not as bad as the media is screaming.

FTR - before I get flamed..Sure it's bad..But not as bad as media says.

Actual deaths (total from everything) in the USA dropped by 10,000 last week. Ponder that.

Comment

I don’t disagree. One thing w’re suffering for is a lack of leadership at all levels.
                I read the Good News Network for some positivity. It’s mostly feel good liberal stuff like pollution is down but it’s also people coming together and progress, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Doom and gloom sells. Wife and I turned on the TV and 20/20 or some other BS show was having a special on CV... Of course it was 100% doom and gloom. Nearly every story, piece of data, etc that had..I rolled my eyes at.

People didn't believe others when they said this was coming. Now they're so immersed they won't believe it's not as bad as the media is screaming.

FTR - before I get flamed..Sure it's bad..But not as bad as media says.

Actual deaths (total from everything) in the USA dropped by 10,000 last week. Ponder that.
                  Good to know. Very interesting. Do you mind posting your source for the bolded? I'd like to dig into that a little more.

Comment

I agree that a one day drop isn't a trend.

Aaand another jump...

Comment

Aaand another jump...

Are these confirmed positive by testing cases, or “presumed” positive cases like seems to be happening everywhere? Where the folks are told they likely have CV and are sent home and told to quarantine? Because there’s a big difference in those two scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those chart are cute...however, they are not accurate. They do not include all the people infected that have not been tested. So, add a "boat load" more to the charts, fiddle fart with your equation to get the death toll and your numbers will still be wrong.

Comment

Aaand another jump...
                          Yep, look the last three days. Growth has slowed considerably. Yesterday may have been a function of the weekend and data being released inconsistently. But it looks like we are peaking to me. Hope so.

Comment

You can not...at all.. use these charts to see any pattern. Not until all areas have enough tests to screen everyone.
                            As more tests are available more confirmed are found = No kidding geez.

I'm almost positive COVID has already swept through many elementary schools weeks ago. Just because ALL attention is now placed on CV it makes it appear like a huge problem now.

I posted that total death chart on the other thread yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              You can not...at all.. use these charts to see any pattern. Not until all areas have enough tests to screen everyone.
                              As more tests are available more confirmed are found = No kidding geez.

I'm almost positive COVID has already swept through many elementary schools weeks ago. Just because ALL attention is now placed on CV it makes it appear like a huge problem now.

I posted that total death chart on the other thread yesterday.
                              I saw the chart. Please post the source if you don't mind. I like the info by the way. Would just like to confirm it before I repeat it.

Comment

I saw the chart. Please post the source if you don't mind. I like the info by the way. Would just like to confirm it before I repeat it.
                                I found and copied it.. Can't remember where. I'll have to look

Comment

Working...
                                X