Trump extends social distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
    Someone help me to understand. Have ventured out a couple of times where I had to stand in line to pay for something. I tried standing the requisite 6 feet behind the person in front of me only to have people jump in line in front of me. I asked them to go to the end of the line and they looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned social distancing. One guy actually asked me what I meant by social distancing. My question is are there people who actually do live under a rock? How disconnected from current events can you possibly be?
    Sir we live amongst idiots! They paintet/labeled footprints at the local HEB and people still can't stand in line properly spaced out. As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid. This is why the virus numbers keep climbing, people are stupid.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pedernal; 03-30-2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

just the floo bros

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Sir we live amongst idiots! They paintet/labeled footprints at the local HEB and people still can't stand in line properly spaced out. As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid. This is why the virus numbers keep climbing, people are stupid.

My wife an I seen this yesterday and people still had to be told.

Comment

Originally posted by djohnson View Post
          Someone help me to understand. Have ventured out a couple of times where I had to stand in line to pay for something. I tried standing the requisite 6 feet behind the person in front of me only to have people jump in line in front of me. I asked them to go to the end of the line and they looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned social distancing. One guy actually asked me what I meant by social distancing. My question is are there people who actually do live under a rock? How disconnected from current events can you possibly be?
          I mean a few weeks ago you had people who thought it was a hoax

Comment

I think those doomsday numbers are based on what is happening in New York, CT, NJ, New Orleans and other hot spots and really doesn't reflect actually what is happening in the US as a whole. Abbott said of those that have been tested in Texas approximately 98% test negative and of those that test positive only 2% are bad enough to need hospitalization. So if 1 million are tested and 98% are negative then 200,000 have it. If 2% of those need to be hospitalized that's just 4,000. I think Trump is doing the right thing and playing the media for the fools they are. Extend till May, vaccine's start working, cases go down, open up the economy and the economy will soar. Probably would happen even if he opened up things April 15th as previously had been mentioned.

Comment

The U.S. death total has doubled in two days. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has been a leading voice in the effort to curb the outbreak, says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die before the crisis is over.

For 200,000 people to die, at a mortality rate of 1.5%, which is about what it is now, that means over $13m people will have to contract it.

The actual mortality rate is less than the 1.5% because that is only based on confirmed cases, not those that don't show any symptoms or don't get tested.

That sure sounds crazy based on current numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                The U.S. death total has doubled in two days. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has been a leading voice in the effort to curb the outbreak, says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die before the crisis is over.

For 200,000 people to die, at a mortality rate of 1.5%, which is about what it is now, that means over $13m people will have to contract it.

The actual mortality rate is less than the 1.5% because that is only based on confirmed cases, not those that don't show any symptoms or don't get tested.

That sure sounds crazy based on current numbers.
                60 million people were infected with swine flu in 2009/2010

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  I wish the media hype would quiet down and they’d STFU. I don’t think they help the cause at all. All the stats are one sided without much details of the “other” problems the people had in the end.
                  It's gotten a lot of people to limit their social engagement. I've wondered if that has served a useful purpose, even if I disagree based on the facts we have. Bottom line is it is growing out of control and killing people, whether or not you think the media hype is justified, so we'll see in retrospect whether it was a good thing that we shut things down or not.
                  Hopefully some widespread antibody testing will give us a better picture of actual mortality rate, since we currently have no actual idea but some estimates say it could be as low as 1/10th that of the normal flu.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                    Dow @ 16k by Wednesday. Any bets?
                    You changing your tune yet?

DOW won't ever see below 20k again is my guess. If Trump extending this shutdown didn't cause a market drop then there are simply no more sellers.

Comment

Dow @ 16k by Wednesday. Any bets?
                      I’m your huckleberry. $500. You in?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

DOW won't ever see below 20k again is my guess. If Trump extending this shutdown didn't cause a market drop then there are simply no more sellers.
                        Ever?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          I’m your huckleberry. $500. You in?
                          Done better today then i expected for sure, ill admit I was wrong on that one. Never know though, still a LONG ride ahead.

Comment

Done better today then i expected for sure, ill admit I was wrong on that one. Never know though, still a LONG ride ahead.
                            You still have 2 days

Comment

If this Chinese Virus continues for a period of time and some of these mega corporations start filing bankruptcy I can see the DOW taking a major dump.

Comment

Anybody else see this as the first test of how easy the people can be locked down? Seems like politicians trying to keep us in our homes and isolated....

Comment

Working...
                                X