Almost...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost...Again

Thought I would hunt for a pig last afternoon so I went to my Bride's stand on a power co. ROW about 300 yds behind the house. Got settled in about 5:00 and was about 15 yds from my hand corn and feeder. About 20 minutes before dark I heard something behind me and saw a big 200+ Lb. boar walking toward the ROW. I had to swivel around and wait for him to walk into the opening. He was directly downwind and sniffing the thermals and I assumed he was going to come in from the downwind side. I turned, got into position but he was further than I thought. I shot him for about 17 yds but he was actually at 23 so my arrow hit right at his feet. He just walked into the woods and waited for about 10 minutes before walking off. Afterwards, I thought if I had waited he might have come in from downwind. At least I had the opportunity and there's always tonight.

Doug

Hang in there!

Comment

Pig

Whoa......are you chunking a 10' spear with a 2 lb. point to drop that much. J/K

Comment

Dangit! Keep at 'em. I look forward to LDPs.

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Whoa......are you chunking a 10' spear with a 2 lb. point to drop that much. J/K
        Just about... "Trad section", nubbin'

Comment

Stay after him.

Gary

Comment

Kinda felt like it. I guess I just didn’t pick a spot like I low to do. Just shot low and no excuses.

Comment

It happens. That is the cause for most of my misses.

Comment

I aim very low on pigs, doesn’t leave much room for error on yardage.
                Good luck next time.

Comment

Missed

Gota LOL but(true statement) i figger hog fever...or just plain missed...We all Have MISSED....and if you ain't well you know the answer

Comment

With an all black hog at dusk, it is more difficult to pick a spot and I most likely just shot at the animal without picking a spot. He's still there and waiting. Next week, we will meet again.

Comment

youll get him next time. nothing more heart breaking then letting that arrow fly and knowing you screwed the pooch on it. but atleast you know your mistake and can adjust. better then you sailing over his back and having NO IDEA as to why.

Comment

Hang in there buddy. Another shot is not far away.

Comment

Working...
                        X