Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
    FYI It’s not a bad idea for everyone to call and check whether they got drawn for deer, I figured I had not been drawn because I didn’t get a call or an email last week, but I called about waterfowl this morning and asked about deer just to be sure, turns out I’m in. The lady said they were mailing the permits soon so I guess I’d have found out eventually but for planning purposes it’s nice to know as soon as possible.
    Did she give you any info on the waterfowl permits?

Comment

I just called too. Did not get drawn for deer and she didn't have any info on waterfowl re: how many applications were in yet. This was at 9:15 Monday.

Comment

I haven’t hunted Grapevine since before the draw was put into effect but my luck changed this year. I got the call last week that I was drawn the the permit will be mailed. Need to get to scouting now.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          Did she give you any info on the waterfowl permits?
          No sir except that they started accepting at midnight. From that I guess it’s possible there may already be a fair number put in but she didn’t actually say anything about how many were in so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
            How about where you use to hunt when you were allowed to hunt there? [emoji848] lol. Man I am seriously hoping you get that opportunity again someday soon Larry. Seems to me its definitely fishy stuff if you look at the odds. Doesn't make sense. Keep on trying though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
            I bet we've hunted the same area. It's been so long, but I bet I could find my favorite trees in the dark without a flashlight to this day. Deer sure seem to like those transition areas around old fence lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              I bet we've hunted the same area. It's been so long, but I bet I could find my favorite trees in the dark without a flashlight to this day. Deer sure seem to like those transition areas around old fence lines.

I think we have all been in some of those areas. No secret spots on the vine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                100%
                I know for sure I could get in there and hit my favorite trees. Heck, I wouldn't even need to pinpoint my favorite trees, just give me a tree in that area.
                Good ol' days.
                I'm glad I don't get drawn. Too many rattlesnakes out there anyway.

Some day, Larry, some day.

Comment

Has anyone heard back on waterfowl permits yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    I think we have all been in some of those areas. No secret spots on the vine.

Ya. People wanna take their short fear of falling friends to shared spots. [emoji848]

Comment

Ya. People wanna take their short fear of falling friends to shared spots. [emoji848]

And then he never went back. Lol

I could say the same thing about dap, except he went back.

Comment

And then he never went back. Lol

I could say the same thing about dap, except he went back.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] well. It was too far for Justin apparently and Dan has a little more drive. Funny thing is that they were both spots I discovered [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] At least I dont have to worry about that In Kansas this year. Im hunting for myself this time.

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] well. It was too far for Justin apparently and Dan has a little more drive. Funny thing is that they were both spots I discovered [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] At least I dont have to worry about that In Kansas this year. Im hunting for myself this time.

Lol hey, I showed you up north and you showed me vine. Good luck in Kansas!

Comment

Lol hey, I showed you up north and you showed me vine. Good luck in Kansas!

Well. You let me know about the general area. Ill give ya that. The places I've shared have all killed deer though including your 114 buck [emoji8] And thank you. Im excited for new turff to hunt and scout. I still might see ya Dec in texoma if you're down. Im bringing the skiff up again.

Comment

well I guess I have to retract all of my conspiracy theories. I had called last week and was told I was a no go but today my dad and I got our golden tickets in the mail. First year I've drawn, haven't hunted there since the last time it was first come first serve

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                well I guess I have to retract all of my conspiracy theories. I had called last week and was told I was a no go but today my dad and I got our golden tickets in the mail. First year I've drawn, haven't hunted there since the last time it was first come first serve
                                Congrats

Wonder what went wrong with their notification system? Cause I was in the same boat, never got notified and just found out because I happened to ask when calling about waterfowl

Comment

Working...
                                X