No announcement yet.

$3000-3250 budget what rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So ended up selling my 300wsm and buying a rem 700 300 win mag as a donor. Have a proof carbon fiber barrel in .284 with a 1-8 twist going to have it chambered in 7mm mag, McMillan game hunter stock that is the edge flavor, and vortex pst gen 2 ffp 3-15x44 on order. Now looking at getting new bottom metal to get rid of the plastic and new trigger. Will send it to WTO to assemble once they are ready for it and everything arrives. Decided to ditch the supressor for now. Will just wait a year or so saving more cash and buy it then and just have a really nice rifle instead.

So with what I have spent I am at $1250-1500 left in the budget to get rings, base, bottom metal and trigger plus assembly. I think assembly bedding and truing of the action will run around 1200 according to WTO. So have to get the above for around $300 if possible. What would y'all get on that budget and is it possible?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by westtexducks; 10-30-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
      Savage axis combo $300 it I'll kill whatever you want then put $2900 in your pocket
      Uh no, not going to buy a Ford pinto on a Corvette budget lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
        Savage axis combo $300 it I'll kill whatever you want then put $2900 in your pocket
        You can kill a deer with a rock... Doesn't mean there's not a better tool for the job.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1Rg3LxtZg"]Man kills a deer with a rock!!! Adam taş ile geyiği avlıyor - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This is real simple. Buy a Winchester 70 Extreme Weather, Talley Rings, Leupold Scope, nice sling, a bottle of Whistle Pig whiskey, and...

Take your ole lady on vacation.

Happy Hunting for any satisfaction that can beat that at any price.

Comment

Weatherby Backcountry TI in 280AI (not sure what the actual retail will be on it)

VX5 3-15x44 or a Swaro VX3 4-12x50

Talley Rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Uh no, not going to buy a Ford pinto on a Corvette budget lol.

I'm just messing with you. I love my howa have you checked any of these out ?

Comment

Sako A85 300 wm, leica scope off optic planet currently for just over 1k, and suppressor of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                  Hmmmm, how much that tikka going to be?
                  After further thought, I have decided to keep it and chop it to 16.5". I also may put a new mcmillan stock on it. Should make for a handy, highly accurate suppressed hunting rig.

Comment

Bergara Approach 6.5 PRC
                    Vortex PST Gen 2
                    Silencer Tech - small shop out of AZ. my buddy has 4 different suppressors. this is his favorite. sits on a 6.5 SAUM. incredible suppressor especially for the price.

Comment

Bergara ridge
                      Leupold vx5 3x15 - 44
                      Pick your suppressor and you’ll still have a little $$ left over

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                        Bergara Approach 6.5 PRC
                        Vortex PST Gen 2
                        Silencer Tech - small shop out of AZ. my buddy has 4 different suppressors. this is his favorite. sits on a 6.5 SAUM. incredible suppressor especially for the price.
                        I’ve ran quite a few ST cans, and Barry arguably makes a great product with even better service. I wouldn’t recommend them for a hunting can though. He doesn’t make anything light weight, and the heavier can on a hunting profile barrel will have considerable shift. Also they’re a bit closer to home than AZ. They’re in eastern NM.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          Bergara ridge
                          Leupold vx5 3x15 - 44
                          Pick your suppressor and you’ll still have a little $$ left over

Agree with your opinion on the ridge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                            Hmmmm, how much that tikka going to be?
                            $700 but I may just keep it and chop the barrel down to 16.5" for a light handy suppressed rig.
                            R
                            Last edited by Rhettsker; 11-01-2019, 11:23 PM. Reason: Already responded up above

Comment

New Mathews bow rigged out for 2500 bucks use that extra thousand for the mount I shoot with that bow .

Comment

if your willing to go that,, look at the Blaser rifles, you sure will not find a better looking rifle!

Comment

Working...
                                X