No announcement yet.

Gig’em Clayton Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad worked for his natural gas company Clayjon back in the 70-80’s, he use to throw some big time parties and I killed my first deer in there company lease. A mule deer doe. He offered me some whisky after, I was prob 4th-5th grade.
    Fun loving guy!

Comment

Here....
      One of my best friends from A&M did a lot of work for him back in the 80's. He even gave her one of his A&M flags that he changed out off his office building in Midland.

Comment

Here

Comment

Was an awesome guy and will definitely be missed by friends and family.

Comment

Here

Comment

Here. Sat next to him when the Aggie Corps Museum was dedicated. Good man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Way back in the late 70s I had a summer job where I became friends with his nephew. He invited me down to his uncle Claytie’s big bull sale/ranch party at his place near Alpine. There were hundreds of people there - it was quite the affair. The tennis court was the dance floor with a stage set up. I’ll never forget about dark a helicopter landed and off hops Merle Haggard and his band - they played into the wee hours. Clayton was deep into his whiskey and got onstage and sang “Silver Wings” with Merle. What a night.

Comment

Here

Comment

Here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only met him a few times, but he was a magnificent man. I'll never forget him telling the story of how he slipped in to a building contract in Austin the right to erect a maroon hand with middle finger point toward the TU campus one time haha.

RIP Ag!

Comment

Rip!

Comment

A true Texas legend in the oil field. He will be missed by many... genuine "old school"!

Comment

Went to college with his son. Good times!!! RIP CW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here.

I did a fireworks show for Clayton Williams back in the day at his ranch north of Alpine. It was his annual Brangus sale at his place and an amazing place it was. His pool was the shape of an Aggie Senior Boot and boy did he have a trophy room! For the rich folks that flew into Alpine on their planes, Clayton had 3 helicopters that ferried them from the airport in Alpine to his ranch. The concert after the Brangus sale and the BBQ supper was George Straight and Janie Frickie! George sang about 30 minutes, went back to his bus, but came back out and sang for another 2 hours after Clayton paid him a visit! This was amazing and when everything was said and done we shot our fireworks show! There were a ton of people there for that shindig! Dang sure made my week!

Comment

RIP Sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X