Hog deterrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
    These are called Predator Night Eyes, didn't know if they would work on hogs, but we use them around to keep critters out of the chickens and goats. They work better if you'll space them and then roatate according mfr recommendations.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZR6G6_dWMI"]Predator Protection, Nite Guard, Predator Guard, Solar Nite Eyes, Yard Sentinel, Review Comparison - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=757545

Comment

Hogs were back last night at 11pm. Parents (in their 80s) banged on the bedroom window and the whole sounder took of into the forest. Strobe/alarm should be there today. Fingers crossed

Comment

I'd expect them to get accustomed to any lights or noises and over time, they'll be back.

A wire fabric fence will be your best bet.

Comment

I ran 2 strands of hot wire for my elderly neighbor. The first strand is about 8" off the ground and the second strand is about 6" higher. The first night, she said she heard a scream like a child and opened the door but didn't see anything. Hog problem stopped. And the wires are low enough she can easily step over them.

Funny story - I told her to explain to her kids (who are in their 50's and 60's) to not touch the wire because it was enough charge for 30 miles. It would knock you off your feet - literally experienced it by accident. Her oldest son didn't believe her and thought he was on the opposite end of the wire from the charger so he DELIBERATELY touched it with his hand! He said he couldn't feel his should for 2 weeks! I hadn't laughed that hard in a long, long time!

Comment

After 6 months, I changed to charger from my cattle pasture size to a pet / dog size, low Jules. It plugs into the outside outlet, too. She only has to spray glyposate under the wire to keep the grass off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                Hogs were back last night at 11pm. Parents (in their 80s) banged on the bedroom window and the whole sounder took of into the forest. Strobe/alarm should be there today. Fingers crossed
                Do they live in Pecan P? LOL, if the HOA is like it was when I lived there do they need approval to do anything?

Hope it's resolved soon!

Comment

Hogs

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                  That why I said a radio any noise like that will keep them and Yotes from coming around.

Comment

Just thought I'd update now that it's been over a month. The little $22 alarm I found on amazon has worked like a champ. It went off multiple times the first few nights (assume my parents slept through some) and then activity really diminished. The deer still set it off now and then but they aren't bothered by it. Runs the pigs as intended. Way better than spending hundreds to thousands on a fence. They are just gonna have a few spares on hand in case life cycle is low.

Comment

Working...
                    X