No announcement yet.

Best Texas Lake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Whitney is water fluctuation and you can't build a dock if one doesn't already exist. That being said, beautiful lake. Has decent large mouth, great striper, quality Crappie, and smallmouth. It's a great recreational lake as well.

I like small lakes that have secrets... Like Lake Nocona. It's probably to far North for you to optimize, but if you want some info on it I would be happy to discuss through PM.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338046799.240485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24076522

I'm more of an angler than recreational lake guy now days, with repaired knees and all.

There're lots of great spots, it all depends on what you want to spend.

I don't think there is a perfect lake in Texas, I like all of them!

Comment

Cedar Creek Lake. Great fishing, beautiful place to live and big enough that there is plenty of room for everybody

Comment

Bob Sandlin and Caddo.

Comment

Buchanan

Comment

Fishing: Sabine or Cedar Creek
            Water Sports: Brazos River
            Crowded: Let me know when you find out... go on a Tuesday

Comment

20 different people will give you 20 different answers on this. From my experience in selling waterfront property, if you are refering to a second home destination whatever lake that is with in an hour and half will get you more use. Once you start getting over 2 hrs. most people will not use it enough to justify it unless they rent it out when they are not there.
              If you looking to relocate for full time, location will still be imprortant. There are lots of great fisheries around the state now. Depending on what kind of scenery you want to look at and depending how close you want to be to a large city. Also take into effect how much recreational boating is too much. Having fished a lot of the lakes in Texas, my choices would be Sam Rayburn, Toledo bend, Fork, Palestine, Bob Sandlin or cypress springs.

Comment

Lets bring this thread back to life. What would be your pick for the lake in Texas you would want to retire on?

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                  Lets bring this thread back to life. What would be your pick for the lake in Texas you would want to retire on?
                  none. and if I did I certainly wouldn't announce it to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                    Nobody said Whitney huh
                    Whitney is over crowded and terrible fishing. Everybody just move along 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post

8 years later and I still say Texoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Canyon lake is a sleeper. Blue, spring fed Guadalupe river water plus a limestone bottom makes it the easternmost clear water lake in Texas. Prices are still less than half of Lake Travis...but that is changing fast.

Comment

Richland Chambers. Have lived on it for 7 years and spent ten years before that at my Dad’s place on the same lake on most summer weekends. No, it’s not crowded. The lake is about 10% developed....plenty of room for everyone. Remember, it’s the largest lake inside the state of Texas (not bordering another state).

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
                            Richland Chambers. Have lived on it for 7 years and spent ten years before that at my Dad’s place on the same lake on most summer weekends. No, it’s not crowded. The lake is about 10% developed....plenty of room for everyone. Remember, it’s the largest lake inside the state of Texas (not bordering another state).
                            Rayburn is the biggest inside the state

Comment

Camp Creek lake, maybe not the best in all categories but it's private and quite.

Comment

Great thread.
                                Until last year, my choice would have been Dunlap.

Comment

Working...
                                X